*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You can report Dell webpage as "Having inconsistencies with facts of system spec sheet" Usually they will fix in 2 working days.

Papusan, Darkhan and mason2smart like this.
  2. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm only getting 2 channels over hdmi to my TV (then sent to receiver) using Nvidia HD audio. Anyone have a solution to this?
    Is this a driver thing?

Or we could all file with the bbb till it gets resolved...

I wasted a lot of $$ on 2666 32gb sodium modules

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2019
    Papusan, Spartan and Vasudev like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I don't think I can. I'm not an American citizen. More likely, if US companies hire me I can vouch for fake advertising... I don't think companies will spend more money from importing people from India to US.

4. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got these from Amazon Dubai and it's pure copper shims.... I will try to experiment with these when my replacement system shows up in 2 weeks time. The size is perfect for the MOSFETS around the CPU and the GPU and underneath the GPU but I need to find a good way to "stick" it to the chips and the heat sink. I've tried to use it with my broken Area 51m but they seem to slip out a bit, I need done kind of grease to hold them in place somehow...

Anyone had any experiences with these copper pads? The ones I have is 1.8mm width..
    https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B06ZXYWM2N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yjXfDbKMVKDWN

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

5. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Has anyone bought the Phobya Nanogrease Extreme and do you know who makes it? Which company in which part of the world ?

DreDre likes this.
  6. phusy

phusy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for your valuable information. Very disappointed when Dell is cutting-off such critical part for 2070. BTW, after checking my friend's machine, the 2070 MOSFET's are weakest NCP-303151. And the inlet MOSFET's on the motherboard are AON-6380 too. Combining all elements above, his machine always turn black screen (but the keyboard LED is shining) after 5 minutes playing game. The only good side is his beast has not yet created smoke :rolleyes:

Papusan likes this.
  7. Alexon

Alexon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am on 1.6.2 bios and 21553 FireStrike, CPU ~ 80, GPU ~ 74

Papusan and Pezzza like this.
  8. Pezzza

Pezzza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for the results, how much for the graphics score?

Alexon likes this.
  9. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Been a while everyone. No issues with my system since I got it besides a few MSI AB hiccups with locking clockspeeds at 300MHz under load.

System still running 1.5.0 and the first 200w vBIOs.

At this point, I do not think Dell will release any useful BIOS updates and would rather wait for someone else to mod one out.

If this continues, this will be my first and last AW purchase. The MSI GT76 has been a disappointment so far knowing full well it uses Optimus (and the reason why it has no GSync), doesn’t cool as well as expected, and not as portable as the 51m.

Guess I will have to wait a few years to see how the market looks and if we will ever get something that has the performance and freedom of a Clevo and the chassis design as good as the AW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DreDre, raz8020 and Papusan like this.
  10. corona2172

corona2172 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, I finally received my replacement Area 51m 9900k and RTX 2080... Here is to hoping that round 3 goes smoother than the last 2. The laptop arrived with the 1.5.4 Bios and 1.0.0.5 vBios. Not sure quite how I feel about the limiting of the GPU to 74 C.... but, considering I've lost 2 already, it might be wise to leave it that way.