*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There is your answer? :)

2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looks cool! Is it actually better than Kryonaut, if so how much by?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @S.K @JAGGERBREAD .

I'm waiting for my pads to get shipped, meanwhile can you tell if I guessed well about the instructions on @S.K tutorial (because I think that the area that may create a gap is around here) :

I should cut the grayed surface (colored in green below) and add a 3mm Pad on the 2 mosfets there in the green zone ? :

[​IMG]

I think I will also reduce 1.5mm to 1mm pad on the 2 chips near (1.5 or 1mm on @S.K tutorial).

I think I'll be ordering Phobya Nano Grease Extreme, it seems better than Kryonaut from what I've read with @S.K

S.K likes this.
  4. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  5. garyfl

garyfl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was pretty patient but now that I learned that Frank is leaving and there is still not 2666 support I'm pretty damn mad. I know I made a bet when I bought it knowing the situation but I have read people were promised by Frank. I paid over 3000 for this machine and while it's fantastic, I do a lot of 3d work and it is being choked. I think we need to start a petition. Lately mine has slowed down too, seems to not be as fast as when I got it. End of the day the laptop is stated to have a z390, if the z390 does not support 2666 then it's not a z390 and its false advertising. I am not sure on semantics there but the memory issue is incredibly enraging, and then he just walks off to AMD, oh okay.

Spartan likes this.
  6. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    https://www.petitions.net/create-pe...4lI8FVhVJ6bfSET4CnAlLkDZEIDjkCKBoC3fgQAvD_BwE

Here's a link to a website to create a petition. Hell, I'll sign it. Theres no reason this machine, out of all of their other machines (m15/m17/every other alienware/dell machine basically) the 51m should be left behind, especially when it's a DTR!! If any of their gaming laptops should have 2666 support, THIS should be the one.

Edit: Removed first part as it was irrelevant.

VoodooChild likes this.
  7. Alexon

Alexon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I hate to think that I have to return it. I would just ask to know if anyone got same black screen issues and how to fix it ?

8. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Yes, you have to get rid of that edge of the beauty cover. What I am currently running is 1mm (1.5mm doesn't make a difference if the pad is squishy enough as it gets compressed pretty good because of smaller surface area of those 2 as compared to the remaining thermal surfaces). I have used 3mm chunk on top of those mosfets and 1mm on these 2 tall ones beside them.

For me, it's better by at least 1 degrees celcius. But do take this with a pinch of salt because Kryonaut has some of the worst Q/C out there and there are huge swing differences between temperatures using the same paste depending upon when and from where you bought it. I find Gelid GC Extreme to be the most consistent performer so far, and this is my first try with Phobya Nanogrease Extreme and from the looks of that paste, it seems really well made. I'd say give them both a try.

Disable the built-in Intel UHD graphics from device manager. That bugger creates a lot of such issues for no reason. Unless you are using external monitors via thunderbolt or USB, no need to keep that enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
    etern4l and Alexon like this.
  9. Alexon

Alexon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks bro, I would give it a try. Now I am installing new Realtek from Dell website and it gets stuck from the screen "InstallShield Wizzard is uninstalling"...

10. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Uninstall the old one first using Revo Uninstaller and then run CCleaner (registry scan) to get rid of all the orphan registry entries before doing the new installation.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Alexon likes this.