*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oooook !!!

Now that's interesting !

Freaking 10512 in 3dMark/Time Spy with 74°c on GPU (no undervolt) & 56°c on CPU (undervolted @-110mv)... ok that was with full fan speed but anyway... sounds very good compared to the 1st repaste/repad.

I think that was a good idea to pickup the core i9 9900k from my previous unit, It's quite the results of a Delidded CPU (did HIDevolution offered me a Delid ? ^^) :

[​IMG]

Or maybe it's because of the switch from Gelid to Kryonaut on CPU (only)...

It's amazing... no more THRM or PWR throttling...

39°c GPU on idle, 44°c CPU on idle...

Now I can rest, and... prey to spend the next month without dying laptop or GPU connector screwed ;)

Vasudev, LoneSyndal and warcobra like this.
  2. warcobra

warcobra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice Result!! All I can do Is hope I can have same result. You have me excited. So Dell solution team has taken care of me. I got a offer yesterday for an unbeatable price for a 9900k and 2080, Dark Side 144hz gsync, 16gb, 512nvme + 1tb sshd with 4 year premium warranty. I could not turn this down. So I now will be back online to receiving mine.

Nomadsan74 likes this.
  3. Nomadsan74

Reputations:
    HF GL !! ;)

What's your story with yours, it also died and you're waiting after a swap or this a new order ?

Anyway... I've waited quite 2 months after having used for only 2 weeks, a failed repair and today this problem (quickly solved anyway...) but I can only tell you that the wait is worth !!

What a beast my friend !

4. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey,what's the socket/clip on the third image there? Is this the pin which connects DGFF to the motherboard? Mine looked different when I opened it up last week... Do you have more images of this clip?

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Nomadsan74 likes this.
  5. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how to change the "Boot List Option" on the A51M? It seems to stay grayed out even if you disable Secure boot. :(

6. Nomadsan74

Reputations:
    Yes it is ! It that little piece of #### that had me taking all the parts off, put it back, took it off and put it back again :D :D

I'll browse my phone to see if I got any other images

7. warcobra

Reputations:
    I never even received it. They kept delaying my order for almost 3 months. Then they out of no where canceled it no warning or email. Then I tried reordering and they asked if I had received my first order and I was like what? Then that was followed up with very rude support when I gave no reason for it. Then I got a solution at the time, then that person lied about it saying the solution never happen. Unfortunately that was a phone promise so I could not prove it. Then I had a few emails back and forth and wally I had someone offer the same promise as before but now I had proof. Again I had a very impolite person on the phone trying to take care of it. I then got a call from the one that originally took the order with me and was very rude while asking "WHY DID YOU CANCEL" basically yelling and interrogating me. At his point I sent a message to the escalation team. I got a call from the Outstanding issues manager and asked for the email's and such. So at that time they took down everything and apologized for the rude encounters. Then less then 24hrs later I got a call from the outstanding issues manager with the offer. The rest is history haha. Pretty excited now.

Nomadsan74 likes this.
  8. Nomadsan74

Reputations:
    Wow damn... where are you located ? U.S ?

I don't recall hearing of such a bad behavior with Dell...

9. warcobra

Reputations:
    I am in the US. Yea I have been a customer of Dell for personal and business since 2005. Never really experienced this before. But at least it is taken care of now.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Did you ever figure this out? It would be horrible if there is no way to boot into a legacy boot. :(