*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you brother, you really are a knowledge bank.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Thank you brother. I'll email him now.

These Dell UAE guys are refusing to do a system swap because they claim that I've paid on 23rd April and since it has been over one month since I "received" the system, system swap is out of the question and that I've to send the system to a repair depot...

I'm trying to make them understand that I only "paid" on 23rd April, I received the system on 24th May and I've the FedEx proof to show it to them. Needless to say, they are trying to do one to me. What I haven't told them is that I'm in touch with Azor on Twitter DM and now will make a long email (with screenshots) and send it to the morons. I will keep you posted here.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
    raz8020, Xatanú, Fire Tiger and 2 others like this.
  2. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    When I was asking for replacement of my second backlight bleed screen, the alienware support guys were initially telling me that if black looks white (in my case due to backlight) then it's working as designed! Mr. Azor was baffled at this comment and authorized alienware tech to contact my local support and tell them to replace the screen. When I called the support and told them about this, they didn't even know who Mr. Azor was hahahaha! Until they got a boot up their rear end via e-mail from hq!

Xatanú likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You're welcome.
    I mean to know the system swap has to be within the return period. Aka same time frame as return for refund (30 days). Aka it start run from the date Dell start send out the laptop to their customers. Same also for the warranty...It starts run when it ships out from the factory. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I doubt it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Darkhan and Arrrrbol like this.
  4. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sounds safe. If you decide to run for Alienware's head of engineering, you get my vote!

S.K likes this.
  5. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's the result of outsourcing the services. Big companies always tend to do that to cut costs, they don't realize they end up expending more money, getting less revenue and making their customer angry because of the crappy service level. They never learn...

S.K and Amroth like this.
  6. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is the supplier Redington?

7. giltee

giltee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    **WARNING to all prospective buyers**

I received my replacement today and have now confirmed that the more expensive 2TB RAID 0 NVMe SSD option is slower (considerably so) than the less expensive 2TB RAID 0 PCIe SSD + 1TB SSHD option.

The less expensive option does not list the SSDs as NVMe (and the salespeople don’t know), but I have confirmed that they are. So everyone going through the machine configurator who wants a 2TB RAID 0 SSD setup should select the cheaper option that also comes with a 1TB SSHD (this build is faster, cheaper, and provides an extra TB of storage).

8. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    No, he bought it from HIDevolution. My supplier is Redington since I bought it locally. But that doesn't matter, it's Dell's word who tells the supplier to give a replacement not the supplier themselves. They just do as instructed by Dell.

@S.K So I asked you if you could share your wallpaper and you completely ignored it. Are you really that stingy? It won't affect your bank account you know? Welcome to my ignore list.

Anyway guys, forget him, here's the wallpaper he's using:

http://www.kinyu-z.net/data/wallpapers/177/1323807.jpg

And I just submitted the entire collection to Major Geeks:

Alienware Wallpapers v2

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
  9. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Spartan likes this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    In the Alienware Command Center under FX, I only have the option to change the lights for the trackpad, power button, rear vents and Alien logo, and my Alienware Mouse and Headset but the keyboard lighting icon has disappeared so I can't change the key lights. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it by reinstalling the command center

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Zoltan@HIDevolution likes this.