*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You can run higher clocks with lower voltage on the binned. But the "higher wattage (due higher volt) is the main culprit for more heat". See... The temp differences will decrease with equal high wattage in load. Put it the other way... Increase clocks for your pretested and let it consume more wattage... And the Heat will follow after:) I don't talk about better binned chips. As said before. Higher power consumption = Higher heat. Plain physics. Binned or Junk. Doesn't matter.
    This one you want?:) You're welcome, bruh. Here is both pict and links.
    upload_2019-6-18_16-17-37.png
    https://twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1131450947496886272

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-owners-lounge.826831/page-1159#post-10914343

People or the buyers of any products have to expect they won't get any help from Tech support once their warranty is out the door even with confirmed deep-rooted flaws from the beginning (salesmen or the employees of the company will always try all tricks to avoid pay for own flaws). The price for flawed hardware/components will as always come later. And not within the warranty period.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    FXi, XatanĂº, VoodooChild and 4 others like this.
  2. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    These Panasonic ones compress REALLY well also, great stuff! Also, their 2mm have higher conductivity than Gelid ones. I am using these right now. My temps are awesome!

Not really. My machine takes 2mm everywhere except for a few places. Check this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-owners-lounge.826831/page-1111#post-10911767

Order these Panasonic ones. Great stuff!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
    _deadbydawn_, FXi and c69k like this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    FXi, VoodooChild, c69k and 1 other person like this.
  4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Beast mode!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fire Tiger, hmscott and Ultra Male like this.
  5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    very nice

can you share that wallpapers please?

hmscott likes this.
  6. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looks like the desk is glowing red from all the beastly heat. All you need is a smoke machine to complete the effect :)

FXi likes this.
  7. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    It won't smoke buddy because it has more than 300 dollars worth of thermal pads, paste and additional heat sinks + almost 1 entire day (15 or so "thermal services" :p) of careful treatment in it. ;) Plus the temperatures are superb. GPU peaks at 74-75 under load (max 79 under unrealistic GPU benchmarks with 30+ degrees Celcius ambient temps) and CPU never crosses 80 while gaming.

etern4l likes this.
  8. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey if anyone has the chance when they have their machine apart, could you please measure the thickness of the backplate/heatsink on the 2080.

I'm looking to get small heatsinks for the mosfets on my 2070, but need to know the thickness so i get the right size.

I'd appreciate it!

S.K likes this.
  9. Rodrigo Yasuda

Rodrigo Yasuda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From what I read in this thread even on idle it can smoke, so probably temps are not the issue here hehe

raz8020, doofus99 and Papusan like this.
  10. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    It doesn't smoke on idle unless somebody did a really lousy job with TIMs and thermal pads and then beat the heck out of the system to an extent that it was hanging by a thread before it died while on idle / or bent pins on DGFF connectors due to reckless take-apart and put-together jobs. It's been 2 months of sheer abuse now and it has not even budged. There is no limit to people's creativity when it comes to finding new ways of destroying their machines. Guess how I know.

Rodrigo Yasuda likes this.