*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's hard to say without looking at timings. Latecies being the same the real world performance improvement might get close to the theoretical +11% in data intensive applications, but games would probably see less of an improvement. That said latencies tend to go up with frequencies too, unfortunately - which is why I didn't bother with 2800MHz memory for my m15.

The actual problem is that Dell uses very slow memory, so the best policy is to order as little memory as possible from them, throw it away and get HyperX Impact memory instead, at a significant discount to what Dell would charge.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    giltee likes this.
  2. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there! :)

Xatanú, FXi, Fire Tiger and 9 others like this.
  3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thank you and same to you if you are.

hmscott and Papusan like this.
  4. chewbakaats58

chewbakaats58 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's what she....

S.K, BADAZZYOUNGIN and Sawtoothwav like this.
  5. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    New look with fresh decals. :cool: If they look ugly to you, that's OK because this isn't your machine anyway. :D Just sharing so that if somebody likes the look then they can achieve the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FXi, Virale, nkc and 1 other person like this.
  6. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The wrist rest sticker/skin is genious!

S.K likes this.
  7. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
  8. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys, just started up my machine and opened event viewer and seen an error for Service Control Manager. Anyone have any idea what it is? First time ever seeing it..

Its Event 7001, Service Control Manager (The RasMan service depends on the SstpSvc service which failed to start because of the following error, The Operation Completed Successfully.

Anyone familiar with this at all?

Edit: The second error just popped up as well.. Searching these errors didn't bring up much. But another critical error was just above the second image, that was related to Tobii, which i have disabled.

Attached Files:

9. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmmm... not sure with the "Edge" logo this time around...

Just kidding. Enjoy the machine brother!

My next machine will have a "i9" logo as I got upgraded to a 9900K this time but that sticker is coming off on the very first day.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

jclausius, Fire Tiger and S.K like this.
  10. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    LOL, it was in the package so I thought WTH, just slap it on there so that things look streamlined, otherwise one small and one big wouldn't line up together perfectly and would look awkward.

By the way, next time you pull it apart, try to leave the DGFF connectors alone because their pins are VERY tiny and can get bent even with a big enough dust particle or thermal pad chunk that "somehow" lands at the wrong place at the wrong time. You can easily change the rear heat sink's thermal pad by flipping the DGFF daughter board over towards the CPU fan side. If you can't resist and "have to" take those connectors apart, try to use a magnifying glass or a high zoom camera lens to make sure there is no damage / deformation to the pins *prior* to putting it back together and there is no *alien* object lying at the connection point on the MB which could cause problems. Mine came damaged from HIDevolution and I wonder if they did it or it came like that from the factory. Since replacing those, I have taken them apart 3 times as I was playing with different motherboards back and forth, without any problems.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019