*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Onyx PC is definitely legit, that's where I buy my Kryonaut from as well.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Also nothing for memory oc'ing in the new Alienware OC Controls Application this time either (released Yesterday).

Fixes & Enhancements
    Support thermal and fan control on G5 5590 / G7 7590/ G77790

raz8020 and Darkhan like this.
  3. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am very surprised that the design of the hardware, eg the motherboard, allows a user to burn it out, by simply employing software. I am talking about physical damage, like smoke and fire. You would have thought that there are limits in place to stop the various components exceeding their safe operating areas ? I can understand there is also "virtual" damage, for example if you screw up some NVRAM and then the machine does not boot at all. But in our case users have reported actual burned out components. I cannot really understand how this is even possible.

XatanĂº and Papusan like this.
  4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Cost cutting. No company wants to waste money on over-built hardware when majority of the people who buy their laptops just buy into the hype and never use them to their max potential more than 10% of the time and it's cheaper for them to go in with bare minimum protective circuit design and offer replacements in case of damage via warranty instead of over-building each and every circuit board with monitoring and surge protection circuitry. Corporate capitalism is at play here, otherwise Dell can make bomb proof motherboards (and they have done this in the past).

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Isn't the plunger supposed to be black on those larger tubes?
    was yours transparent?
    Anyway I bought mine from MemoryC, not Onyx PC.

6. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    The plunger is the same as mentioned in the larger syringes but it has a Thermal Grizzly branding on it which was not present in my case. And the fact that a locally bought mini syringe performed the same way, I am no longer excited to waste any further money on this stuff.

7. Timoonn

Timoonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, my 51m has just been shipped, and I have a lot of questions (15-20) for the first steps with it, can I post all of them in a big post of should I start a dedicated thread?

8. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    It's better that you take your time and read through this thread based on keyword search related to your questions. You'll probably get answers for all of them. It's good to avoid redundancy in posts for clarity purpose.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    updated bios 1.5.4 is up. Probably changed the thermal limit from 75 to 76. lol

FXi and Ultra Male like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I have had multiple bad batches of Kryosnaut over the years. Unfortunately, this is nothing new. I wish it were. It's really good stuff when you get a batch that isn't goofed up.

raz8020, Papusan and S.K like this.