*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm also on 1.3.2 and 200W and completed all the tests successfully without any issues. It should run at 8x in GPUz. It sounds like a hardware error to me, SK had it earlier if I remember correctly and a change of motherboard and gfx card fixed it for me. Use the forum search function if you're on desktop and you'll find it.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Virale likes this.
  2. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    They're not really flimsy, just tiny. If you drag/rub them against the surface while tightening the screw, they're done. The pins get bent in the process and lose connection. But if installed properly, they don't need to be opened that much, even during repaste.

The part number is DA300015110 and the part vendor is Unimicron-fpc.

c69k and Virale like this.
  3. Virale

Virale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well shucks. The only reason I removed them was to get to the passive heat sink in the bottom and replace the pads. What a joke! Oh well. I’ll try to open my unit and reseat the connectors. I was SUPER careful, so I’m pretty surprised that they could be damaged.

Thank you for the PN and Vendor!

4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I repadded the mosfets without taking the connectors off. Just bend it over carefully enough until the secondary heat sink is accessible. Don't worry if you have warranty because Dell will replace these for free. In my case, just swapping those connectors with each other temporarily fixed the problem and I ran the computer that way until replacement arrived. You can give that a try. I wouldn't try and wrestle with them any further than this because the screw and the guide pins align them perfectly and they should have no alignment issues.

P.S., Mine came damaged from either the factory or from the reseller.

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @VoodooChild @Papusan

With Liquid Ultra, when I used to run the Command Center test for overclocking to 5 GHz with a -100mV, the temps used to immediately spike to 100C and remain there until the test was over. Now with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, the temps spike up to 84C then rise up to 86C max so this is a very nice improvement :)

It took me freakin' 3 hours to disassemble the system and put it back together because I forgot one screw while re-assembling it so I had to disassemble it twice but it was worth all this hassle.

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    If those flimsy connectors worked perfectly fine (graphics worked as it should) before you removed them of the graphics card for repaste-repad... It's on you and you should pay for them. This is not a warranty case.

Edit. Only if you paid extra for the Dell's Accidental Damage Service will cover such cases.
    Good job brother. +rep

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Mr. Fox and Darkhan like this.
  7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I have not any reps :rolleyes:

Man this Thermal Grizzly Coconut is the best thermal paste! I feel like I just bought a new taptop. I never hear the fans spinning now with my regular usage!

Rei Fukai, Papusan and Darkhan like this.
  8. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And the smell is fantastic!!

9. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The taste is even better!

Anyone try the new Carbonaut yet? Very tempted, but I also don't want to have to remove it if the temps are worse than kryonaut..

Rei Fukai and Darkhan like this.
  10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    If you put toothpaste even it'd be better than Kryonaut