*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Oh, yeah. I have been into Dell's tech support a few years ago (for my AW17). A awful experience. Their phone support and the outsourced tech team Dell hire from Unisys to fix your laptop at home is disgusting. Only the extended warranty <replace with new< is worth the money (But this only for countries with minimum warranty period as U.S <1 year> etc). You'll get a replacement for your old anyway if you live in a country with better warranties.

Edit. Some offer up to 5 years etc. Irland I think have blasting 6 years.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    In the Netherlands it is handled by Getronics, they do a decent job here but some of the techs visiting home arent that great. Still the support is class leading. Asus, MSI etc are way worse because they dont even have phone support in the Netherlands, everything goes through the website or the shop itself. Hopefully I never need support for my Razer Blade 15 which is my current daily driver because I fear that repairs for this machine would be a nightmare in Europe.

raz8020, Rei Fukai and Papusan like this.
  3. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @hmscott Not much I can do there, been out of return window for some time. Also not going with another P870 build as the plastic has gotten on my nerves over the years since the day 1 release. The lack of upgrades to the DM-G right off the bat solidified my thoughts that no laptop is truly upgradable for next-gen.

This is the first and only AW machine I own. Can only wait until some exploit comes out that allows me to access extra BIOS features or completely undermine Dell settings. If not, can just sell the unit when bored. However, it will be quite hard to find one at this size for my travel needs.

@rinneh Dell US support was totally okay with my unit having LM on both GPU and delidded CPU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Unfortunately here in Europe they really dont like it and threaten to cancel your warranty.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Alex4seby

Alex4seby Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Why dell have such big delay for orders?

6. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Swapped order is still in wait but I'll keep with this laptop anyway... there's not comparison with any other unit on the market...

Even with only 2 weeks of horror, I still keep a very good experience of this product when it was working...

Xatanú likes this.
  7. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    So are you saying if you get the extended warranty you can just opt for a new laptop instead of getting it fixed? I'd figure they'd require atleast a one repair attempt before that becane an option.o_O

8. Alex4seby

Alex4seby Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My point off view. Don't buy area51m, a good looking product with the most bad components and solutions. If we all don t buy, dell will learn to make good laptops
    .nut junk laptops for 4000$.

9. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Congratulations. You deserve it and I am happy for you. Let us know how it runs.

Now, please let this thread take its regular course. We're all here to share our experiences with "our chosen system" and we are all enthusiasts here. If you prefer the Eurocom, good for you. We prefer the Dell system. We buy what we prefer, as simple as that.

So, let us all share our experiences with our machines and learn from one another because that's what an "Area 51m Owner's lounge" is for.

Isn't it?

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
    alberty, S.K, Xatanú and 4 others like this.
  10. Mechanized Menace

Mechanized Menace Lost in the MYST

Reputations:
    I don't think this is true. I think that it has got its issues, but it's generally a good system without those issues. I haven't had any of the issues others have had. So to call this junk and say it has the most bad components is not true.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MogRules, Xatanú and Fire Tiger like this.