*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Man, I need to find a dedicated BIOS modder. I will start with an initial funding of $200 donation if they can get it working similar to them unlocked A17’s with the features we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xatanú likes this.
  2. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes.

3. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Even though I am now on 1.5.0 again, I went on OC controls and changed temp limit from 87 to 78, GPUZ sees that and not the true Bios reading as long as OC controls is on.

GPU.gif

Xatanú likes this.
  4. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not really, because either system has access to the other one, or at least to its data.

That's very far fetched.

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Save your money. Forget bypass Dell's lovely PCH/BootGuard mega-gimp cancer. And if you or other can mod the bios and flash it with an SPI programmer... This won't fix it. Dell use more tricks than Secure Flash to stop you from tamper with their firmware.
    Yeah, Dell have deeply integrated their apps with the firmware. Hence possible Memory oc settings will come with their apps. You won't be able to change ram settings in bios. In worst case forced to use their useless oc apps.
    Thanks.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  6. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    This is normal for a CPU running on stock clocks. Turbo Attenuation and max Turbo Limit are on if you run stock as the CPU is going by it's turbo bins and idle power saving states that is controlled via turbo boost. Nothing to sweat over.

Mine is maxed out at 87 degrees celcius as it should be. Minimum is 75. I am on Bios 1.5.0 and not ready to update anytime soon.
    [​IMG]

I have it locally in case somebody wants.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2019
    custom90gt and c69k like this.
  7. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm a bit lost now. So if someone flashes 1.5.4 and raises the max temp in OC controls, will this override the bios cap and throttle only at the temperature you have set instead of throttling at 74c? Or the bios 74c cap will prevail over everything?

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  8. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No it will not override the bios, It will override the reading of GPUZ but the card will be limited to the BIOS setting.

raz8020, Papusan and Xatanú like this.
  9. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK, understood. So the only way of knowing is by running an stress test and trying to raise the temperature over the 74 bios cap. @captn.ko could you please ask your mate to perform that test?

10. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Weird, as it doesn't allow me to downgrade from 1.5 to 1.3 saying that downgrade is not allowed. I've tried both the direct executable method as well as the bootable USB method. What method did you use to downgrade yours?