*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I ordered one with no SSHD directly from Dell and it came with the caddy.

What's the purpose of Intel releasing the 9900KS? AFAIK the 9900K can already sustain 5GHz in all cores with no problem.
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel...on-clocked-to-5GHz-on-all-cores.422277.0.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
    c69k, Vasudev and Rei Fukai like this.
  2. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    c69k, Xatanú and Vasudev like this.
  3. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In other words, Intel had nothing to show at Computex so they thought it'll be a GREAT idea to show a slightly better binned chip with the same process and hope no one would notice. No one is going to buy this chip considering what AMD has already unveiled on the desktop side of things.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Imagine this on a laptop.... someone will surely do it considering the low TDP of these chips.

Intel looks royally screwed this time around and about time I Say! [​IMG]

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Fixed it for you:D

Full Fat BGA graphics doesn't matter. A disgusting move. No thanks! http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/2080-9900k-which-is-best-laptop.828884/page-7#post-10915136
    The new refreshed Intel 9th processor lineup have new stepping. R0 is with implemented security fixes = Less performance. Of course they had to add in 9900KS with higher 8 core boost clocks. + Intel will still offer better multi threaded performance with all cores at 5.0GHz vs. Amd's new 7nm Ryzen 8 Core flagship 3800X
    Expect also... A revamped Turbo Boost algorithm to yield significant gains in multi-core performance.
    upload_2019-5-27_14-13-36.png
    Only the 3700X variant have low enough TDP.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    raz8020, Ashtrix, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  5. Gorebag

Gorebag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thanks! Glad to see both displays getting over 1000:1 contrast :vbthumbsup: Makes me more shocked over the range though: as I wrote earlier, Notebookchecks LG example had 500:1 (!), insane lottery here.

LoneSyndal likes this.
  6. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i would say it's an half baked attempt. It will get some people moving/thinking, if it outperforms a certain laptop which could kickstart a battle between who has the fastest or most upgradeable one. That will make innovation neccesary. Halve baked (for me personally). i wouldn't buy an BGA laptop/desktop anymore, but i have to say the layout and the amount of copper triggered my IT senses that this laptop could very well outperform the 51m.

But yeah you're right.

raz8020, Papusan, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  7. Timoonn

Timoonn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    In France 2080's are now shipped in 10 to 12 business days (25-27 before)

My "order" is not yet accepted anyway.

8. Raven_m

Raven_m Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine has been in repair since 26/04 after screen turning black with keyboard and fans on. This lead to mobo and gpu dieing. I just got the message that it is being sent back to me repaired. Seems like they got the revised Mobo and GPU in stock now. i will be receiving my laptop back to me wednesday or thursday hopefully. this is EU as well btw. Hope it holds up longer than 1 day this time hehe.

jclausius likes this.
  9. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

I live in France too.

Today the Facebook Community Manager told me they were facing logistic problems, that's why the estimated date was so long, once the logistic problem is solved all ETA of orders (normal orders or swap orders) will be updated to show the decrease :).

Seems like they "may" fixed those units and they "may" provide the fixed units on the market...

FXi likes this.
  10. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Must be a large variation in production. I am also faulty sensitive to monitor quality. Have been editing photos and videos on PC/MAC since mid 90’s. I immediately saw the difference in the Lg and the AUO on the 2 51m’s I had here. Calibrating helped but my AUO was still noticeably better than the LG I had. Actually did my first video editing on my Amiga in 87-88

FXi and Darkhan like this.