*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Expje87

Expje87 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This looks like it thinks there is only 1 charger connected. When i play WoW i usually use 1 connector and i have these clocks. Sometimes even when both are plugged in, looks like it's getting bugged or something. What often works for me is to unplug 1 charger from the back and plug it back in.

2. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    FYI...in most markets you can buy an extended Dell/Alienware warranty at any time, even after your existing warranty has expired.

We do provide a FREE UPGRADE TO 2 Years Premium Support + 2 Year HIDevolution US Warranty + LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yes sir. The topic is several places on the web. Also on NBR forum. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-warranty-dell-premium-is-it-worth-it.827014/

People should start save up cash for this if they couldn’t afford pay for extended warranty when they bought the notebook. I hope they pay it beforehand before something sad happens.

raz8020, Vasudev and Arrrrbol like this.
  4. Trulyfatal

Trulyfatal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I forgot to tell i also had installed MSI afterburner, and then things really got funky running it with AWCC. Even tho i didnt use any overclock with the command center, only with afterburner. From that point clocks got stuck. Even after revo uninstall msi afterburner, AWCC, OC controls, even Nvidia drivers.. nothing really helped.

I did a System restore to 2 days back and everything is fine again. I really like to use Msi afterburner together AWcc just to adjust fans but it wont let me for some reason clocks get messed up :(

5. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm using afterburner all together with AWCC latest version and I don't have any issues. Make sure OC is disabled in AWCC

6. warcobra

warcobra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So we have out first look at the MSI GT76. It's cooling looks different then the norm but don't know how much more effective it's really going to be yet. Also the Bios has Full CPU overclocking and Power limit controls. Also it has full memory overclocking ability's from the bios. To be honest I like the Alienware Area 51m design more. I don't care to much about power limit controls for cpu. I don't expect to push the 9900k like a desktop pc as much as I would love that as a obsessive overclocker. If I could get the 9900k to 4.8ghz all core with no avx under 90c I would be satisfied for now. But what I really want is the memory oc just so we can run at least 2666 because there are many programs I run that benefit greatly from faster memory. Just cant wait to see if this may push AW to start pushing the bios updates to allow us a bit more control.

Rei Fukai likes this.
  7. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just sent a tweet a while ago. I do like how the Alienware account is a bot though.

https://twitter.com/lonesyndal/status/1132782279137214465?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sunnydora

Sunnydora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I tried to search this question both here and in reddit but I couldn’t find an answer. If you order a 51m without selecting any HDD, will Dell include the caddy and cable anyway or we need to purchase them by ourselves?

9. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont think its possible to order w/o a hard drive?

10. Sunnydora

Sunnydora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I chose to upgrade to a 256G M.2 SSD from the stock 1TB HDD, so unless dell wants to throw me with another HDD I guess I won’t have one lol.