*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm outside of my return window. Anyway I love this system (for the moment). The thing is I would be much comfortable and calmer if Dell did a recall and revised all the laptops. Apparently the amount of fried machines is not that low as they claim.

FXi and Mechanized Menace like this.
  2. Mechanized Menace

Mechanized Menace Lost in the MYST

Reputations:
    If you're happy now then just continue to enjoy the system rather than worrying about what might or might not happen. Acknowledge it exists, takes steps to mitigate your concerns, but try not to agonize over it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fire Tiger and Xatanú like this.
  3. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I feel like bugging Frank about BIOS updates. My system came with 2666MHz RAM and I cant even utilize itat its rated speeds. Also want BIOS OC controls as well since proprietary software is garbage for most part. Things that are needed before even attempting to bench...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VoodooChild and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Tell him that A51m is trash and it will be returned within the grace period(don't give the service tag or Express code) and you will buy a MSI GT series with better RAM speed and OC control in BIOS. If Azor says All the best for your venture (i.e. MSI) do note that better OC controls and 2667MHz+ RAM speed will only be dream.

5. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I like that strategy of extracting info , makes sense

Xatanú, Rei Fukai and Vasudev like this.
  6. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My system came in today, have been playing around with it all day. Clean installed, decrapiffied Windows 10 and realised AWCC and other AW junk does not work without Windows Store. WTF. Everything stopped working properly after that point, couldn't even right click on desktop to go to nvidia CC. I had to reinstall the OS all over again and I feel like we are being forced to use Windows Store at this point which I've never done. Screw Dell,AW and MS and all the other big fat greedy mofos.

Good news though: loved the system. The back color is a dream, the soft touch is so much better than my M17XR3 and feel durable this time, the quality of the chassis is absolutely world class, the screen (AUO) feels better than my wife's 2018 Macbook Pro, the keyboard is unbelievable.

The performance of the chips is more than ample for my needs. Haven't done a lot of testing because of Windoze non sense but initial benchmarks [heaven + aida 64] 10 min loop is pushing the CPU to 80° (~4.7Ghz) and GPU to 72° (~1875 Mhz) and it looks like I've a lot of headroom here. My ambient temps are quite high (live in Dubai and wifey hates AC) but I will try to reach my 5Ghz, 2Ghz daily driver target.

The Division 2 key also seems to be useless for me because of regional lockdown so if anyone is interested in a Division 2 trade with any other game(don't care about value, if I like it I will take it) , feel free to PM and we can take it further.

Also, if someone has AW wallpaper pack, please give me a link guys. I lost all my wallpapers and any advice will be highly appreciated and repped.

Cheers.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

7. Alex4seby

Alex4seby Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Do you have both chargers connected? I see thermal and power limit there!!!

S.K likes this.
  8. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Enjoy in good health

VoodooChild and Fire Tiger like this.
  9. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks brother. It's getting fine tuned as we speak, will post my findings here soon.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

hmscott, nkc and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. ahanganu

ahanganu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Trulyfatal

I had a similar issue, suddenly the fps in games was all over the place, load was rather high, and I also had the ACC error. It all started after an ACC update and after it was unable to update the OC controls.

After stoping MSI AB from startup and clean reinstall of ACC and the OC controls with the ones in an archive I found here some posts back it went back to normal so my money are on some OC profile discordance from the update, not a hardware issue.

I didn't get to do a clean video driver reinstall as it got back to normal after ACC cleanup but I pretty much had to go back to no OC and stock vcc and clocks all around to get it out of that state.