*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Aluminium is only good when it can be used in big volumes aka desktops. Not to mention copper has a 400wm/k thermal conductivity rate compared to the 200 off aluminium. Copper heatsinks are also called heat transferblocks and will use a liquid fluid (flux) embedded within thin canals all the way up to the heatsink fins. The fans make the fins cold creating a phase change within the heatsinks.

Yes copper sucks heat much better than aluminium, but in a laptop design it's about transferring the heat from one point to the other so the flux can flow. All aluminium blocks rely on pipes due to them being thick and solid from inside. Mostly it's for or 5 pipes doing the work, in high performing heatsinks it can be up to 8 making it highly unsuitable for an laptop form-factor.

Alao maybe you didn't know but the 17 R4 was a great subject off failing vrm's. Not to mentioning gigabyte had some rtx 2070 failing due to the vrm's dying, ssme problem with some vega 64 if i recall correctly. Things can get hot when it's being used outside it's spec. Just like with the dying 51m's.

2. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't forget me guys, I'll bring the pizza :D

VoodooChild likes this.
  3. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Spartan likes this.
  4. Mastah

Mastah Newbie

Reputations:
    I got mine like a week ago. How can I know if it's the newer version that seem to have correction in regards of 2080RTX problems or the old one ?

5. JAGGERBREAD

JAGGERBREAD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At least ensure the mosfet on the graphics card is not model NCP 303151

Take a look at this one NCP 303150 which is more rugged

Attached Files:

6. Mastah

Mastah Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info, will open back the computer again (re-pasted last time) and check for the mosfet !

7. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Yes exactly, it will work without the adapter via BT.
    However, there is latency with BT and its horrible. It's best to use the adapter for lowest latency. :)

8. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Windows 10 1903 is ready. I'm trying to create the bootable usb using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool on my 51m but every time it starts writing to my USB drive the machine bluescreen.... Anybody else get the usb created successfully?

9. LegionWolf

LegionWolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Man they are having real stock issues with 2080

Rep Frank assigned to my case telling me even though laptop showing 22-29 delivery production team gave update that realistically it won’t be on production line again until 6/4. Credits coming, but man what a wait. (Although frank told me same timeline about week ago I was holding out hope it would be faster)

Anyone know if they (Alienware or Franks team) has patches or similar for backpack? They show on bag like you can but then I don’t see any patches for sale from them...

10. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    [​IMG]