*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Timoonn

Timoonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You're lucky, on my side im dealing with the swap machine service, they need on average two weeks to reply to an email. Awful.

2. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Lucky ? You got to be kidding me ! :D

You know... that's now quite 2 months i'm dealing with Dell's services, community managers, Twitter, Facebook, HIDEvolution, ...

First mine was repaired with on-site repair... next day it died... then I had to sent it to Germany to Dell's workshop... finally they offered a swap... but I need to have my computer back because my parts (SSDs and RAM) were still inside the computer i've sent (as they requested)... by the time they send it back to me, the RTX 2080 became unavailable to order.... then they offered quite a week later to do a credit note/refund... then the RTX 2080 became available once again and I'm here finally !

Don't loose hope, keep insisting, send as much mail as possible...

What helped me a lot, even if I can't still believe it, it was Dell's community manager on Facebook, this guy boosted my personal case alot... if only I knew it sooner...

Edit : Received the order confirmation... ETA : June 28, 2019... LOL :D

Well... at least I think that will give Dell ENOUGH time to put the second or even third revision of GC or MB in my swapped unit :D

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    c69k, hmscott and VoodooChild like this.
  3. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sharing that video is more than enough help, thank you. Don't be risking your job/work for some internet stranger haha. Thanks again though

VoodooChild likes this.
  4. Gorebag

Gorebag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone knows if there is a color calibrated profile available for the AUO display?

VoodooChild likes this.
  5. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Gorebag likes this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Reminds me of a Croupier closing a table to high wagers, only to have another one opened when you begin to walk out with your stack of winnings.

You almost made it out the door with your stack intact...

Let it Ride!! :D

Rei Fukai likes this.
  7. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's a good one :D ! You find the right metaphor here ^^

hmscott likes this.
  8. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This looks like it's for the 15" panel. I don't know how it works for the 17.4" versions, someone please test it out?
    It will be nice to have a calibrated profile for both LG and AUO panels somewhere. It'll be of great help really.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Fire Tiger and Gorebag like this.
  9. clayton006

clayton006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well bad news. My laptop may be the next one to have a 2080 die. I’ve had it plugged into my graphics amp for a while with no issues. Now I go to boot it up off of it at my client’s site and the first two times after getting to windows the screen just went black and the keyboard stayed lit but does nothing. Once I got to device manager and it said the 2080 was disabled due to windows encountering a problem.

If I call dell support does anyone have tips on how to get this resolved the fastest.

Now I waited 3 seconds at the login screen. Just went black again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2019
    raz8020, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  10. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This doesn't sound good at all brother, sounds like another RMA is on it's way. The symptoms are too similar to the dead ones they've been reported here in the past.
    Contact Frank directly through Twitter DM, it will escalate the RMA process. Also, ask for upgrades because Dell needs to know that they cannot deliver subpar product for a $4k asking price. At least, their service should be satisfactory. Ask for big upgrades even if you don't need them. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

c69k, Fire Tiger and hmscott like this.