*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    He's talking about mica sheet, not thermal pads.

propeldragon likes this.
  2. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is the kind of post this thread needs more. Kudos to you Sir.
    It looks like you got lucky with the silicon.
    I've the same specs as you coming up and my target is to run the CPU at 5GHz on all cores and 2GHz on the GPU. I'll post my results here as soon as I get my itchy hands on it.
    Are you using a delidded 9700k by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Fire Tiger and S.K like this.
  3. JAGGERBREAD

JAGGERBREAD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess there isn't going to be an official statement at all about all the burning issues.:rolleyes:

4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    May be it is only going to be released in a closed circle of high profile people that doesn't include us. May be @Donald@HIDevolution has some info on it.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is exactly it! It won't be a public statement by any stretch of the imagination. Also, it was the weekend and no one in the first world countries works on Saturday and Sunday. They don't even check their emails I'm told. It's only the third world plebs like me who works their ass off on the weekends too and get paid in peanuts for it. :) can't complain though, it is what it is and I'm cool with that.
    So, give it today and tomorrow and I'm sure Donald will come here bearing good news. Like I've said earlier, my system went ahead to in-production at Hidevolution so may be they already know what we don't. Cheers fellas

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

6. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys, was hoping someone could give me some insight to what is causing this error? Or if you have experienced this error recently as well..

It's happened a couple of times while playing Apex Legends today, the games just crashes, and i checked event viewer and these errors/warnings were there. I also received a crash dump from Apex, but didn't post it as i don't think it will be helpful, but feel free to let me know if i should post it.

I also updated windows today (KB4505056) Not sure if it's related.

Attached Files:

7. Spkilla

Spkilla Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered a 9900k 2080 from hid on may 7th, it was shown to be in stock on their website that week but hid ended up ordering from dell anyways on the 13th. And was just told by hid that they have no 2080 inventory anymore and my order was allocated to the next batch which will be arriving sometime in june

8. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As much as the wait is going to be a horrendous, I think you can take peace of mind that you will be getting one of the revised 2080's/motherboards if the last few comments are anything to go by. Hope the time flies for you and you are happy with it when it arrives.

pathfindercod likes this.
  9. alizzleable

alizzleable Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Awesome my man, you'll love this system I know that much! Yeah I think I did get lucky for the first time ever! To answer your question i'm actually not using a delidded 9700k Xotic doesn't offer that service, nor did I bother to actually de-lid the cpu been wayyyy to busy playing tons of games on this beauty and using a usb headset to avoid any yellowing of my chasity. Actually using the Alienware headset and the Alienware elite mouse.... I might be hooked ;)

VoodooChild and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. JAGGERBREAD

JAGGERBREAD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :confused:At least you are worthy of being notified the improvement plan Dell would take.You dug so deep in this thread and shared so many information about the potential failure factors of the burning issues.

S.K likes this.