*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. giltee

giltee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm on with CS chat now. They're offering to replace it. Still, kind of a huge pain; I just got finished swapping out the Wi-Fi card (replaced the Wi-Fi 5 it came with with the Wi-Fi 6 version) and loading over 1TB of software on, setting up my work VPN, a new printer (which was itself a huge pain). Not excited about doing all of that again (especially with the possibility that it'll burn out again).

Directly from Dell.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
    Fire Tiger likes this.
  2. Srcn1

Srcn1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine crapped out 2 days ago, I was running a game and paused it for a couple minutes came back and the screen was black. Shut it off and it never turned back on. Definitely not happy right now I spent 4500 on it and only 35 days old, 2080-i9-32gb ram.

Dell already got it at the repair center but has informed me the part needed is not in stock. I did really enjoy it while it worked really great machine but I’m nervous it’s going to constantly have issues.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And what bios version was on it? Also what vBios version?

Two in a row.

Darkhan likes this.
  4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I have never experienced anything like this so far. Seems to be something is wrong here.

They'll eventually come to collect one. They don't usually give a duplicate part for free.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
  5. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    just installed the evo plus 2tb. Also have 2tb evo so thought I would run a quick benchmark in case some of you are thinking about getting the evo plus?

Evo Plus 2tb
    Screenshot evo plus.png

Evo 2TB

evo 2tb.png

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Can you link me to where you bought the 970 EVO Plus 2TB? The max size for the Plus is 1TB

7. giltee

giltee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That I don’t know. I didn’t do any updates, so it had the version that came from the factory (unless it auto-installed an update without me knowing). I did do the NVIDIA driver updates, for what it’s worth.

CS is going to do a replacement, but they said it will take 1-2 weeks. They said my 30-day return clock will continue to run during that time, but if it has the same problem, they’ll cover a refund under the warranty (I’ll need to contact their cancellation team for that).

I’d really just like the laptop to work—the top-end desktop parts are awesome . . . but if the concept is more advanced than the tech can actually handle, what’s the point?

8. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    www.newegg.com

propeldragon and Ultra Male like this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Darkhan likes this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    They will guarantee you 30 days money back afterwards? This if the same happens again... What about the rest? What if there is something else you are not happy with on the replacement?
    I don't like this type or similar deals. I would RMA for refund and start all over again.
    Everything smells more like hasty R&D. They should have tested it more properly before they throw it out to the masses.

See... Alienwares Ceo Azor said by himself its difficult develope a laptop with desktop parts
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    raz8020, Ashtrix, jclausius and 2 others like this.