*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have always asked the technician to let me do the servicing personally and make him sit down, grab a cup of tea and play with my pets. And, it has always worked. Most technicians don't have a prior experience with a brand new AW system anyway so they're very happy to oblige and learn a few things along the way. And this is from a 10+ experience with a AW usage. Try it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

S.K likes this.
  2. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i dont want him to sit with me lol. i want him to drop the part off and let me send the old one back to dell myself.

3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Being an older guy I still read the # as pound and say it out loud instead of hashtag. So that always struck me funny as I read it “pound me too”.

Vasudev, S.K, Darkhan and 2 others like this.
  4. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why don't you let him baby sit your three kids as you go about repairing the system? :)

But seriously, those guys have to report to Dell immediately after the service is complete updating the health of the system. You will have to sign their report sheet as well. So, sending them right away will put their job under jeopardy. Let then hang out with you for a while, you sound like a cool gent. ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Some parts you can request "parts only service" but you have to usually get some manager approval at Dell and also have to convince them that you have the skills and experience to fix it yourself.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  6. jks87

jks87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay. So I have the worst experience ever with any purchase and this computer.. what's status on other people's computers? Are they reliable?

I ordered mine March 4. Then it was three weeks delayed deliver in April. Then it broke down after two weeks. Now it's been for repair for a full month. Now they ask if I want a replacement unity which can take up to 4 weeks.

So that would be three months to get it! And I would be afraid if it breaking and go through it again.

Outrageous service and they don't offer any compensation. I mean three months after buying? With risk of it breaking again because. Who knows?

I'm going to get an msi raider and settle for less.

Before I do that:

Has anyone used this system more than a month?

7. frankieo11

frankieo11 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I see most people have the white instead of the black. How prone to dirt/fingerprints is the white? Is it a problem?

8. Expje87

Expje87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    2 months and not a single problem so far

Fire Tiger likes this.
  9. jks87

jks87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good to hear.

I am ordering a new one from Hid or Xotic if any of them have them in stock, and get money back from Dell. I noticed price has dropped a few hundred dollars.. So I save money buying a new one and getting money back over waiting a month for a return.

What I dislike is they said they would give me discount on their store and all sorts of things on the phone. which never happened. So going through another seller. Xotic seems really nice.

10. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Deity

Reputations:

I don’t knowing any manufacturer that offers “compensation”. Dell even offers financial incentive sometimes if you try to return within 30 days.