*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 Ranger (2013) Owner's Lounge Thread

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by Mr. Fox, Jun 12, 2013.

1. DrBlackAwesome

DrBlackAwesome Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And i did restart the computer and take the drivers enforcement off before i used my driver easy to install the gpu driver i was using already.

2. DrBlackAwesome

Reputations:
    Also when i use clean install, it doesnt ask for my device id as well. just that my device is incompatible.

Attached Files:

3. DrBlackAwesome

Reputations:
    ok so after looking in other forums i found that other people have been having the same issues at me and the latest driver that is able to be installed from 2021 is the 466.77. I manually changed the INF file on the "nvdmi.inf" and then i did a clean uninstall, restarted to disable driver enforcement and then installed the update. Worked with no issues and now I'm happy with my laptop for sure. I'm hoping the future updated might fix the black screen issue but for now this updated will do for me.

Attached Files:

Papusan likes this.
  4. Maxware79

Maxware79 Alienware died in 2014

Reputations:
    Glad you got a driver working, very odd that the newer ones have issues. Fingers crossed the issue can get fixed in future updates but since it isn't a supported driver for your 120hz machine then it may never get resolved.
    It must have something to do with the 120hz display as the newer drivers work fine with the 60hz in my M18x.

5. Zero 1

Zero 1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No issues with the 496.13 drivers on my ranger . With nvcleaninstall you have to install it to the machine and when you select your card in the scroll down . You look for nvdmi that is dell . For the m3000m its f9 ending . For my rtx 3000 it is ij oddly enough lol the only time I got a black screen was when I picked the wrong hardware I'd . After selecting the right one it works fine but says Nvidia graphics device in task manager lol but works just fine

6. cyrix

cyrix Newbie

Reputations:
    nvm

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  7. drystxx

drystxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, I think I shared the driver for the P106M in one of the previous pages. Were you able to get it?