*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 R5 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by alexnvidia, Apr 11, 2018.

1. DESENTER

DESENTER Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Gelu Buftea

Gelu Buftea Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It should be installing the OC components even if your cpu is locked. Check bios first see if you have the overclock on or off under performance tab. If is on and still no OCC reinstall windows and be done.

3. DESENTER

Reputations:
    Yes, but my processor doesnt have overclock and bios too. My processor is i7 8750h. I think it is problem in windows maybe, because last time was good.

4. Gelu Buftea

Reputations:
    Every PC has BIOS. reboot, press F12 continuosly and when you get to it go to performance tab and set overclock to on and profile to performance. See what happens. I have overclock disabled but it still works fine. I am just saying try and see

5. DESENTER

Reputations:
    My laptop has bios i know,but performance tab i dont have, because my processor is blocked.

6. Gelu Buftea

Reputations:
    Try using a deep clean tool. Reboot in safe mode, unninstall chipset and awcc and then reinstall both see what happens. If this does not work just download a fresh copy of windows from Microsoft and reinstall windows

Also, does anyone know why my cpu undervolted at 2.9ghz with -130mv stays at 74C max with prime and nfs, but if I go even to 3.1 it goes way above 80C and bang....crash

7. Gelu Buftea

Reputations:
    I see its gone very quiet on here but I will ask anyways. If I change my 11.0cfm and 10.8cfm fans to the slightly better ones 12.1cfm and 12.8 cfm fans will I see any improvement? The only thing keeping me from buying those fans is the fact that they come from the R4 alienwares. Also, if anybody finds a photo with the vrms and vrams that regulate the cpu voltage and power or anything to do with the crashes I have when I try to increase the freq of the CPU I would really appreciate it. Happy New Year everyone!!!

8. Miros The Great

Miros The Great Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone :) . There is a new BIOS . Any opinions, problems, throttlestop problems with undervolting

Rei Fukai likes this.
  9. abysabirah

abysabirah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    When ive upgraded BIOS last time i wasn't able to undervolt CPU after that spend quite some time trying to downgrade so now i don't think im going to upgrade BIOS ever. I don't think they will bring undervolting option back in further versions. Not sure if you could downgrade from this one but it says in new BIOS description: "You cannot downgrade the BIOS to version 1.11.0 or earlier due to downgrade restrictions"

10. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Increase your voltage. You can test it with TS Bench, you shouldn't get any errors. Your current undervolt is too unstable for throttlestop/speedshift to handle the CPU clocks reliably