*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 R5 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by alexnvidia, Apr 11, 2018.

1. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    doesnt look too bad for me...

cpu.jpg

...mhm

raz8020 likes this.
  2. raz8020

raz8020 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Aristotelhs2060

The situation isn't better but we have more info (so we have a better base to work with).

Your PL limits don't actively change like they did in doofus99's test.

The only limitation that is displayed is EDP Other, which means it reached the current limit (in Amps).

Before you raise the current limit, you should undervolt with TS (in the FIVR window) to see if you still trip the limit with a lower voltage.

You should also edit that registry position (from the throttle stop guide) so your hidden power settings are displayed, after that you can manage them according to your preferences (you can disable windows control and use TS speed shift or you can disable speed shift in TS and manage them in the win profile).

After you undervolt, post a pic from the FIVR window to see if a different sst values doesn't appear there.

Try -100mV for both cpu and cache and test again with prime.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. Aristotelhs2060

Aristotelhs2060 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Now I have another issue with alienware command center. It cannot download the predefined overclock profiles (they were there before but suddenly got this error). Download in fusion does not work and of course I have internet connection.. Uninstalling-Reinstalling both ACC and OCC did not work. If I do not fix that I cannot go on because I think ACC interferes with bios settings.

https://imgur.com/a/kAeZtfG

4. Aristotelhs2060

Reputations:
    Ok, I run cinebench again with -100mv for cpu and cpu cache using throttlestop. Alienware command center fusion does not work. So, maximum GHz at about 4.3GHz. Without HWinfo running at the background, I get higher scores. Have a look below..

https://imgur.com/a/O5R6sQN

5. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    as long as we dont see any data its a useless info for us... HWinfo please. what have you changed to get higher score?

6. Aristotelhs2060

Reputations:
    only undervolt -100mv for CPU and -100mv for CPU cache.

here is the log for prime95 with undervolt

Attached Files:

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. Aristotelhs2060

Reputations:
    here is log for cinebench. score of 1292 when hwinfo is running at the background (-100mv cpu and -100mv cpu cache undervolt)

Attached Files:

8. raz8020

Reputations:
    The score is better, but still low for 4.3Ghz, but you're not too far (compared to the previous instances) from the "average" score.

ACC is alien command center, but I don't know what OCC is for AW!

Do you really need those OC profiles (since you can do everything better with TS) or even the acc?

I'll check those logs in a min (I can only view them on a mobile device right now).

9. raz8020

Reputations:
    In prime, you were limited by EDP again, but this time you managed to exceed 100w with a constant 3.8Ghz, you were also PL2 limited.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. Aristotelhs2060

Reputations:
    Ok, what can I do for that then?

OCC stands for overclock control center. It is a needed component for alien fusion to run. Alien fusion is the overclock menu of ACC. If there are no default profiles, it does not allow you to use it or create your profiles. It is just disabled even though you can still see live frequencies for CPU and GPU. Seems like I have to manually remove ACC files. ACC has been a pain. I have no idea why it is giving me all those issues.