*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 R4 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good luck friend, I hope you get it sorted out quickly.

2. l4k3rkb

l4k3rkb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To those who celebrate it, just wanted to wish my Alienware fam a happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for this community and hope you guys have a great time with your families.

Pete Light, Vasudev and pathfindercod like this.
  3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thank you, same to you and yours!

4. deadmoroz

deadmoroz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys.

I have a slightly unusual request to someone with AWR4. Can you please run Intel's tool named MEInfo (it's signed by Intel and completely trustworthy, can be downloaded here http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...tory&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2730&lang=en) and post its output? More precisely, I'm interested in lines "Verified boot" and "Enforcement policy".

It's portable utility so you can just download archive, unpack it somewhere, check Intel's digital signature for MEInfoWin64.exe and then open admin command line in the same folder and type MEInfoWin64.exe.

You will help a lot with my research of actual condition of Dell's low level and boot protection.

Thanks!

5. QuillP

QuillP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    About using the OC CONTROL App ... I would like to know how to put the OC options I use from the BIOS in the OC CONTROL app ... the OC options in the Bios are different from the OC Control options. Do you understand what I say?

I have these options in the BIOS.
    [​IMG]

And these options in the OC Control app

[​IMG]

6. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you can create your own profile if you want to OC higher than the factory given OC. but the PL1&2 adjustment is not available and it's always set to 92W as soon as you enable OC from the app. what you can do is enable OC from the app then use TS to manipulate the OC frequency per core basis.

7. Wiz bit

Wiz bit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm having issues with a blue screen error attached on an refurb 4k 7820hk gysnc 1080 any idea what it is? Seems to be related to cpu (00000124 error code).
    I undervolted -120 but I think it's causing issues in fact any undervolting on this 7820hk and it doesn't seem to like it (hangs running xtu benchmark even at -50). Unlike my other non gysnc 4k a17r4 which undervolts no issues (-135)...
    Does anyone that has had issues with undervolting had this specific blue screen error code?
    Bios 1.2.0 made the issues worse so I've gone back to bios 1.1.9.

Attached Files:

8. QuillP

QuillP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So, I prefer to do it from the BIOS... What would be the OC frequency that you should use? 1.25, 1.35 or?

9. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:

on what speeds do you have your cpu set. Maybe you've undervolted too much, making your cpu unstable.

cpu's are not made equal, so their performane (undervolting, overclocking etc) will vary from chip to chip. a handmade engine for a car has an advertises amount of HP, but because it's build by hand. the real HP can differ from engine to engine. that's why they target a amount of HP.

a nissan gtr 35 is handbuilt, and is one example where you can have the exact same car (maybe even build by the same person) but still differ in HP

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Wiz bit

Wiz bit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm on stockclocks. I know they are not made equally however this cpu seems very sensitive to any undervolt and I'm more concerned if it's something else causing the error, but I'd appreciate anyone who has undervolted to much confirming if they get the bsd error i posted on my previous post... (00000124)... temps are fine, happens when under load in games.