*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 R2/R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. XSSA

XSSA Newbie

Reputations:
    You might be right in that there was some sort of vsync enabled because I don't see any other explanation.

I forgot to mention that I did try another charger, and I still had the same problems if that's what you mean by internal dc in the cable.

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    He meant to open back panel and check cable next to battery cable and see if its burnt or not?

3. ZeneticX

ZeneticX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    can the 17r3 980M still be overclocked using Afterburner? I've always oced using it but I don't since when it started to stop working, the core and memory slider had been greyed out. All drivers and software version at latest update

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Use nvidia inspector.

5. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Follow @Mr. Fox guide.. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...rvolting-overclocking-and-overvolting.817033/
    I assume you have prema's vbios.. If so you can use MSI Afterburner as it is what I am using.. Hope this help and Thank Mr. Fox. hehehe..

EDIT:
    Heads up in case you are using RivaTuner OSD for PUBG. If you use OSD it will cause a micro stuttering. A alternative solution is to create a profile in RivaTuner and set Application Detection Level to None. What I do I open PUBG with global setting where OSD is working. I then alt tab and add the profile of PUBG and set Application Level to None. If you do that the OSD screen/monitor will still be there and no Micro Stuttering.. Hope this helps..

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  7. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    aw maybe.. dont really know.. I have the 970m(Maxwell card) and msi afterburner works for me.. sry if i have given the wrong info..

Edited:
    Here's a Image of my Afterburner with Core Voltage is not grayed out.

MSI AfterBurner 970m.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You can set core voltages in MSI AB? I am seeing grayed out option in older MSI AB UI. So I use nvi inspector to overvolt.

9. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You need to follow @Mr. Fox guide which is posted in the previous post so that it won't be grayed out.. This is me assuming you have a modded vbios..

Vasudev likes this.
  10. ZeneticX

ZeneticX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thanks

I've been using that bios all the time. MSI Afterburner used to work for me but I don't know since when it just stopped working. Its been quite a while since I went to check because I just leave it to start up automatically when I boot windows

[EDIT] the weird thing about my issue.... I can adjust core voltage and temp limit, these are not greyed out.

Vasudev likes this.