*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 R2/R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. TR2N

TR2N Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Soldered GPU = Asus ROG.

2. toto29620

toto29620 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Parts may be different but we can say that the psu will run at full capacity very often, that and the one year waranty ... Maybe the 240 and 330w will be modded.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Dell goes the opposite way by other laptop brands. Dellienware reduces the performance of the power supply while others brands they use powerful psu as before and Msi increased to 230W from 180w. Everyone uses roughly the same hardware (processors and GPU) Why reduces Dellienware performance? garbage

What if the new Alienware motherboard has watt limit such as motherboard of Alienware 18?

4. toto29620

toto29620 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The m15x has a watt limitt, it can be bypass by using an 230w psu. My R2 haven't got any limit in the other hand, that would be very innaceptable for me to put such a limit in a 17/18 inch. There are plenty of room tu put a big heatsink ...

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Remember there is already a first time.. Dellienware have done it. it is on Alienware 18.

6. MickyD1234

MickyD1234 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I ordered one yesterday with the 4980HQ and saw later in the day that they were only offering it with the 4710HQ.

Then this arrived a few minutes ago:

Many thanks for the email,

I have been working on your order request since morning as you rightly noticed due to few last minute glitches we were told that we had to de-activate the few options as there are restrictions applied on “4980 HQ” CPU
    As a result all the orders received yesterday for this configurations are held and we are advised to offer customers with alternative CPU choices.

Therefore, I request you to kindly revisit the revised attached quote and advise if you are ok to reconsider the new combinations. I can also work on further discount if you can consider this. please advise

Regards,

Now I am mad at them, again! Rot in hell Dell!

7. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Your R4 is better than the new R2. I don't know what you're doing, Mick. I'm disappointed with you. Just go grab a 980M and 3940XM.

Ashtrix and _Drake_ like this.
  8. Flaick

Flaick Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Listen J.Dre!

9. cyberlando

cyberlando Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i just ordered mine yesterday as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much you picked yours up for i got out pretty much even 4k with gtx 980 8gb ram and 1tb drive for 1799

10. MickyD1234

MickyD1234 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just an experiment man. No better way to see exactly what cra* they are selling. And who knows I might have had fun with that G/A, I was looking into a water loop for it as a project.

With the touch screen, 8gb ram, 512ssd + 1Tb HD and 4980HQ @ £2700 GBP. They have now offered me a price drop to £2400 and 'discuss' further discounts. Like I always say, talk to a rep and get his name, they can do stuff we can't see.

Gave him a 'no thank's and had to dig, 'if the CPU was upgradable later I might have considered it' haha

reborn2003 and TomJGX like this.