*OFFICIAL* Alienware 17 R2/R3 Benchmark Thread

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guttsy

guttsy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just noticed we're not even in the owners thread but a benchmark thread where you're posting completely irrelevant negative content. If that isn't trolling I don't know what is. You white knighting to "save" other adults from making their own informed purchase decisions is honestly laughable. You don't have failure rate information, just your anecdotal experience. Your Googling for other bad experiences is nothing more than feeding confirmation bias on your part. It's arrogant of you to think that your experience is so valuable that it needs to be constantly repeated anywhere, let alone where it's completely off topic.

The bottom line is that hardware invariably does fail and when that happens Alienware have demonstrably better support and warranty terms than most of their competitors.

Klk450 and nzgeek like this.
  2. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    A bunch of posts were deleted and you know why.
    How about some benches now?

3. SaigonBrit

SaigonBrit Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  4. Fernando Mota da Silva

Fernando Mota da Silva Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, could you help me?
    My AC adapter is gone, so I need to buy a new one. However, I live in Brazil and there is no 240w AC adapter over here just 180w. I read some about it, and some people said there is no problem using a 180w because there is a limit around 160~177w that the laptop doesnt pass. Is it true? Can I use a 180w AC adapter with no problem?

Sorry for my bad english guys and thank you very much for helping!

5. milanista12

milanista12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Bro i just got 180W PSU,its safe to replace it with 240W PSU or even the great 330W PSU?

6. ZeneticX

ZeneticX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    240w is recommended

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  7. ZeneticX

ZeneticX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you overclock your CPU for the first link? It states your CPU have a turbo clock of 3.9ghz

I did some bench with my 17 R3, i7 6820HK + 4GB GTX980M, graphics and combined score is pretty much the same but I'm scoring very low on the physics test, causing my results not being able to go pass 8200. According to the benchmark my CPU have a turbo clock of 3.2ghz

8. Daniel1983

Daniel1983 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, that was a very light overclock performed with factory thermals. No mods at the time.

9. Jalienware

Jalienware Newbie

Reputations:
    GeForce Experience sharing function was hurting me a bit. Disabling that function instantly gave me 200 points.
    17r3, 980m, 8G ram, 6700hq

Used to get 83-8400. Then motherboard capped out, ending up getting two replacements (second board had audio issue). Finally got things up and smooth again and I was getting 8000. Very discouraging. Disabling Nvidia sharing (shadow play? ) put me to 8250.

I guess I can live with that.

Edit: these are firestrike scores

10. Turmoil

Turmoil Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just loaded her up with all my stuff. So these benchmarks are under real world circumstances with all my personal software, music, pictures, and games installed. Can someone chime in and give me a heads up if these scores are alright? They seem in-line with others of a similar build. Thanks in advance! :)

3DMark 11: 11461
    Firestrike: 8098
    SkyDiver: 20879
    CloudGate: 18597
    PCMark 8: 2821

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.