*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. raiden87

raiden87 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My AW15R3 is acting a Bit Strange... sometimes when the System is a bit under load my mouse starts to Freeze for a Second.
    I think its driver related. Does some1 got the Same Problem?

2. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Don't feel bad for me, my alienware never throttled out of the box and with a repaste and an undervolt it runs cooler than most pascal notebooks out there.
    You're putting everything in one basket...the 6820HK has serious overheating issues the i5 and i7 6700HQ are fine, at least more than the average of other notebooks. Early adopters will receive a working 6820HK sooner or later because yes like it or not there's premium support.

Regarding lightbleed, sadly it's everywhere, dell xps FHD, hp spectre, msi gs73, nearly all laptops that i encountered had it...

The 6820HK seems to be known for its overheating issues...but when it's alienware a lot of people like to throw oil on the fire (no pun intended), they did a bad job of course with their thermal paste...but still. Btw I saw your msi 16L3 barebone clearly the best non bga out there ;), because I feel like clevos heat more with the pascal refresh.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    First... Don't expect that all users of computers is very good with hardware and how you fixing problems. The machine should work out of the box. Although the temperature can be a bit high.

Mr. Azor has the primary responsibility for this mess. When the boss does not deliver... Then they should take the consequences and let other take over. Totally normal in business!!

Diversion and quantumshadow like this.
  4. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    normal users don't overclock an already very hot cpu ;), just saying. But you are right they should do a recall of 6820HK motherboards it's not acceptable.

Papusan likes this.
  5. JTOverath

JTOverath Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What kind of mouse? Some wireless mice can do some strange stuff under Windows 10.

6. Papusan

Reputations:
    I know that:) But advertised OC profiles from the ODM/OEM should work without hassle. And remember Mr. Azor said their machines have a extra 15% limit on the cooling. Then You should expect a headroom for higher Oc, with stock thermal paste:cool: At least when the machine is new and clean inside aka no dust.

7. Pallab

Pallab Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    BTW, the cassini guy from Youtube, is from Dell.

8. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you know what was my FIRST lesson during my first engineering internship ?

NEVER listen to marketing bull$hit.

Papusan likes this.
  9. CarbonTwelve

CarbonTwelve Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree, and for most users, it does work out of the box.

Are you saying that Steve Jobs should have been fired because the iPhone 3G couldn't even last for the meagre reported battery life? Or Bill Gates should have resigned because there were security flaws in Windows 3.1? Problems happen. That's also totally normal in business. Dell needs to deal with it, but the idea of the GM being fired for a factory issue is ridiculous.

That explains why he's been able to get access to the machines faster than everyone else.

10. Papusan

Reputations:
    I think the thermal paste mess isn't a big deal. But sum it up. Have you forgot the PSU mess and the Hybrid mess afterwards? A few Small rivers will be a big river in the end:cool: And I haven't started with the Aw desktops. @Cass-Olé can tell you more about that.

Cass-Olé likes this.