*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Honestly, your within your 30 days, send it back and reorder. WAY to many parts in a brand new machine to be comfortable with. I wouldn't be comfortable with that many visits / replacements on a machine that's less then a month old.

Azurfiles and etern4l like this.
  2. Azurfiles

Azurfiles Newbie

Reputations:
    etern4l and MogRules like this.
  3. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The problem is that due to the lead time to delivery with Dell/Alienware, people are much more invested, and consequently that much more frustrated and irrational in case of issues. You want to get this thing to work after a long wait, and you want to avoid a lengthy return and re-ordering process. This is why these machines should be built like tanks, with impeccable QC. Sadly, too many people find it's not the case. If it was an MSI or something from a local shop or Amazon, back it goes, and a new one arrives the next day or so - anything goes wrong with AW, it's an infuriating process to go through. The onsite support partially alleviates the issue, but honestly it's not a good look when you are buying a brand new 2k+ laptop with an expectation of a likely technician visit to get the machine sorted upon arrival.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Return it ASAP and order another one. You may need to roll the dice couple of times or several times to get good AW laptop or you can look at alternatives.

c69k and etern4l like this.
  5. DDave

DDave Newbie

Reputations:
    Anybody solved the problem with not working AlienFX on their's 15 r3?

After launching the Alienware command centre which starts at alienFX tab by default I am getting an error:

'object reference not set to an instance of an object'

and the only way to close it is by using task manager.

So far I have tried:

1.Reinstalling it.
    2.Reinstalling windows
    3.Reinstalling all the drivers
    4.updating bios.
    5.Holding the power button for 30 sec.

In fact, I have managed to get the lights working for a few seconds during one of the 'hold the power button' tries, however they turned off again as the laptop booted up.

Not much more info on the net regarding that problem.

By searching it clearly shows some .net framework? related issue, however I struggle to find out exactly what it is.

Regards

6. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Any long-term solution for dead motherboard, on a 15r3? No power, no POST, voltage at the connector but no response.