*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They'll more likely say You're using it wrong and will tell you 100C is okay. Only you can fix it.
    I did the same thing on mine after I was fed up with constant repair and they denied when I claimed battery was dying and it actually died just 1 month before warranty period. They replaced it when I said ePSA said Battery dead.
    They won't void warranty after paint of the screw came off. With some dell techs your display and chassis will be ripped off so take care when they open it.

msri15603 likes this.
  2. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Holy s**t!
    Well, I'll definitely do it all by myself not gonna reel in dell if it's gonna mean inviting more trouble.
    I'll be opening up the laptop once I get home for Diwali break, will update then. Also, thanks for your input guys! @rinneh @Vasudev
    Wish me luck!

Vasudev and rinneh like this.
  3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Goodluck, becareful and dont try to do it quickly and you should be fine. Just take the time for it, study the service manual and videos!

msri15603 and Vasudev like this.
  4. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just get a black marker and color over them! New again

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    c69k likes this.
  5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I still have my Vaio Z, but the battery is dead, bought it in 2009, the rest is still working flawlessly. but the first gen core i7 is slow as hell now. so is the geforce 330 in it :D

Vasudev likes this.
  6. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    REPASTE UPDATE:
    Did the repasting and cleaning and saw no viable change, same results laptop still reaches ~ 95C max while gaming on CPU & 80C max on GPU. Very disheartened.

7. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Got to change those pads. Get some gelid pads and you'll be happy.

msri15603 likes this.
  8. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I have no thermal pads available, some are but they are foam based cheap ones. Thought of replacing thermal pads with thermal paste but didn't do it.
    Thank you for the input though.

9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Look at arctic pads if you're from India which is perfect for ever changing climate https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_n...c+thermal+pads&rh=i:aps,k:arctic+thermal+pads
    Get 0.5mm,1mm and 1.5mm [50x50mm sizes if you're just repadding for 15 r3 only]
    They are highly priced.

msri15603 likes this.
  10. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I was looking at these same pads but the price comvined with the waiting time put me off. Thank you so much for the help but I guess I'm just stuck with a overheating mess for the next 4-5 years hoping it lasts that long. Ah! so much for going for it's looks. Lesson learnt. Are MSI temps any good in high ambient tenptempera places? Don't know for sure but it seems every gaming laptop is an overheating mess. Hope i settle down soon and get myself to build a normal desktop.