*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They'll more likely say You're using it wrong and will tell you 100C is okay. Only you can fix it.
    I did the same thing on mine after I was fed up with constant repair and they denied when I claimed battery was dying and it actually died just 1 month before warranty period. They replaced it when I said ePSA said Battery dead.
    They won't void warranty after paint of the screw came off. With some dell techs your display and chassis will be ripped off so take care when they open it.

2. msri15603

msri15603 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Holy s**t!
    Well, I'll definitely do it all by myself not gonna reel in dell if it's gonna mean inviting more trouble.
    I'll be opening up the laptop once I get home for Diwali break, will update then. Also, thanks for your input guys! @rinneh @Vasudev
    Wish me luck!

Vasudev and rinneh like this.
  3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Goodluck, becareful and dont try to do it quickly and you should be fine. Just take the time for it, study the service manual and videos!

Vasudev likes this.
  4. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just get a black marker and color over them! New again

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 5:07 PM
    c69k likes this.
  5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I still have my Vaio Z, but the battery is dead, bought it in 2009, the rest is still working flawlessly. but the first gen core i7 is slow as hell now. so is the geforce 330 in it :D

Vasudev likes this.