*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Onetwo345

Onetwo345 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    This, it's a great stand. Using it now. Cheers for the settings too, they seem good, getting high 60s -70s playing subnautica.

My only issue (happens only when I undervolt) is that the screen sometimes won't turn on when I boot up from sleep mode. I'll probably just undervolt by slightly less and then it should stop, I've run into it before ( I previously had it at stock clocks and -0.150, reduced it to -0.145 to avoid the issue).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Jayce 71

Jayce 71 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup. I found your older post after a while. And, yes, I do need it. My original mobo I repasted with liquid metal and it made it around 50k miles (riding overland), before lm spilled out onto the board and fried it. Dell was cool enough to replace (and upgrade the gpu to a Samsung spec'd), even though it was completely my own fault. This time, I've barricaded the lm tim around the cpu, and it's traveled another 120k miles without a hiccup. Seriously, though, the warranty is expensive. But, so is dropping/mishandling your $1700 laptop, or a waitress spills coffee on it, grandkids spill chocolate milk or something and it fries, you get the picture. It's cheap insurance, (relatively speaking), and was tax deductible as a business expense.

3. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What the are the temps on average 1070 users get on average during gaming WITHOUT undervolting. Just gpu and cpu.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sharpman

sharpman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    They upgraded the GPU to a Samsung spec'd? Don't you mean the SSD?

5. tungd678

tungd678 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think he mean "GPU with Samsung memory".

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  6. sharpman

sharpman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Are there any differences between GPUs with Samsung and other manufacturers' memories?

7. leeloyd

leeloyd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Samsung's memories are more stable and OC better. That's all.

propeldragon and Vasudev like this.
  8. Z14d

Z14d Newbie

Reputations:
    I had a alienware 15 r3 1070 gtx 16 gb ram for about 4 months now, and I'm starting to have some performance issues. for example while playing overwatch on high settings (which I believe should be running smoothly) I get constant freezes and its not a connection lag, I cant even move the mouse the whole laptop freeze for a second. ive tried the supportassist troubleshooting and I get "passed" on everything. done all the updates. and still getting this. any suggestions to what maybe causing this or anyone having the same problem

9. Z14d

Z14d Newbie

Reputations:
    I had a alienware 15 r3 1070 gtx 16 gb ram for about 4 months now, and I'm starting to have some performance issues. for example while playing overwatch on high settings (which I believe should be running smoothly) I get constant freezes and its not a connection lag, I cant even move the mouse the whole laptop freeze for a second. ive tried the supportassist troubleshooting and I get "passed" on everything. done all the updates. and still getting this. any suggestions to what maybe causing this or anyone having the same problem

10. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    It is a little work but I am inclined to recommend a complete fresh install to make sure there is no junk interfering. Also make sure you are running a High Performance power plan, not low or battery saver or similar.

Also maybe try a clean wipe of GPU drivers using DDU and then fresh install them,

Vasudev likes this.