*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jpsm

jpsm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I dont think i have the igpu since i have the 120hz gsync display.

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ah then you should have zero issues.

3. Judrick

Judrick Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yea screw dell they promised me a return and then cancelled and then told me that they will replace it with a similar model. A week later they tell me they are not doing the exchange. I will be out 400 dollars if I just do a return plus the hassle of doing that process. I’m gonna take this higher and higher to upper management until someone gives me what was promised. Never again will I do business with these people. I keep talking to people from other countries that don’t give a **** about my situation.

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  4. Jayce 71

Jayce 71 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the vague and random contribution to the discussion. Personally, I like Dell service so much, I purchased an additional two year accidental damage coverage. They've always been professional and seemed sincere in helping me out. "More flies gathered with honey, than with vinegar." But then again, who really wants flies in the first place....?

rinneh likes this.
  5. Judrick

Judrick Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well if you look back to a few pages you would understand. No one should have to downclock their system so it shouldn’t overheat. No one should have to repast the brand new 2200 dollar system. That’s like me buying a brand new corvette and then having to replace the radiator and engine right after. It’s not vague as MANY people have issues with dellienware. If dell told you that they would replace your laptop cause it was defective and then two weeks later say that they refuse to replace it, wouldn’t you be pissed? The only way I can get a model close to my setup is if I pay 400 dollars more with the return option that they now present me with. Congrats on your two year expensive warranty cause you are gonna need it.

Vistar Shook and 0lok like this.
  6. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    They can be helpful. I have had a laptop replaced with a higher spec of the same model due to issues and later when one of the GPUs died (was an SLI system) they gave me a 100% refund of all money paid 15 months after purchased. You just need to stay pleasant, firm, and patient and they can be reasoned with.

7. Judrick

Judrick Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Trust me I have been pleasant. Now I’m gonna be real firm with them since I have an email stating that they will be exchanging it for something like it or better. Then calling me telling me that the margin was too high for the model above mine. Do u have any tips on who to call to complain about stuff like this?

8. Kalen

Kalen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same with me, I've had 4 replacements over the year and was provided better components than what I initially purchased. Just be patient and if you hit a road block by a rep that won't do anything, call in to dell's customer's service (or order support) to go above the rep. They work in silos so you can get multiple teams and managers inquiring and sorting out your problem. In the end it was an Alienware Technical Support manager named Ariana who got Denys to approve an exchange when they sent me a refurbished one instead of new. Make sure you reference the e-mail of the exchange happening. Do not mention the phone call. Play dumb on that front because you have the exchange portion in writing which is what matters. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

9. GoHack

GoHack Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

Is there a procedure, or file for restoring the original Alienware "Look and Feel" after a clean install of Windows 10?

I found an older procedure for windows 7, 8, and 8.1, but none for 10.

I just installed an M.2 SSD in my new Alienware 15 R3 (2018), set up as the boot disk, using the USB procedure. I still have the original 1 TB Boot HD, so is there a core file there which I can copy over to the SSD?

Playing around w/it all weekend, haven't had a single issue w/the laptop. The CPU temperature went no higher than 81C under load, running the Benchmark in the Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  10. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I find that intel extreme tuning utility less demanding than running an actual game.
    I thought your temps was very good till I read it was stressed by that.
    Try a game or firestrike. Run hwinfo the moment before the full screen of the game or benchmark because the averages count from the moment it’s loaded so it takes idle temps into factor when you just want to know on average how it much it gets loaded.
    One time I did that, dell tried it saying the averages was fine and that the maximum was just a peak. I did it the way I said after to make sure they saw how the temps where from the system from a game alone and I nearly matched the maximum. I was hitting temps of around 97c. I did make it slightly hotter as it was getting to 94 but they said that was still ok. But long story short I’ve got them to replace the motherboard and o do the exact same tests. My cores are now not around 17c different and sitting at around 84c with stock paste and no more throttling.
    My laptop is essentially a brand new laptop now as I had a palmrest replaced since it he engineer made a hole in the palmrest. And I got a month left on the warranty so I’m glad it’s “as good as new”. I got ic Diamond 7 and mx-4 on hand when it wants to act up. But prob have a new laptop before then as I’m looking for Turing/ampere/Volta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook likes this.