*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Goliathius

Goliathius Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry i can't edit my previous post i don't know why ....

Have yout tried with different bios released by Dell ? By the way i cross my fingers and hope you will succeed to install mac os :)

2. silverghost123

silverghost123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can I have some advice please, I am on my 3rd Alienware 15 R3, the first one had a a really bad black mark on the screen caused by screws pushing from behind the glass, the second had the worst light bleed I have ever seen on a laptop, and after running OCCT and Heaven together, this one is hitting 97 degrees in OCCT

Possibly a silly question, but I know 97 degrees is high, but is running OCCT and Heaven together a fair benchmark, I had the CPU at 100% in OCCT and Heaven was stressing the GPU.

I have an i7 7700, 16GB's Ram and a GTX 1070.

After re-seating the Wi-Fi card today, the laptop seems to be behaving itself, so I am reluctant to send it back.

Let me know what you think, would I be silly to keep it with these temperatures? I have attached a screenshot showing the details

Thanks

Attached Files:

3. illuMinniti

illuMinniti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    7700HQ + 1070 (Dell Paste):
    idle gpu - 50
    idle cpu - 48, 49, 48, 48
    load cpu+ gpu - 90, 89, 84, 84 gpu: 73

copied and pasted my notes, this is my Intel XTU + Heaven run. 97 does seem too high. I'd check to make sure there is no double thermal pads and redo the paste

4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    7820HK can theoretically OC much higher, closer to 4.4/4.5 stable for everyday OC, previously only 4.2-4.3 is attainable by the 6820HK without producing too much heat for everyday OC.

5. Goliathius

Reputations:
    Ok i undersand, maybe if it will be availabe in my 14 days return policy i will return it. But For the I7 Skylake gen we have a 200€ discount but not for Kabylake gen.

6. zeroibis

zeroibis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Also maybe he wants optimums support because right now the 15 is gsync only on the new cpus.

7. leeloyd

leeloyd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hmm, where did you buy it?

In the EU you should be able to get 30 days return policy.

Is it now? Is it possible to buy non gsync panel with a 7820HK?

9. illuMinniti

illuMinniti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone else experience this - when listening to audio with the laptop speakers, it sounds fine, they sound awesome. I plug in earphones and there is static. but there isn't Always static. There is only static right before audio is about to play and sometimes for a bit longer than I'd like. Enough to be annoying. I've tried messing around in the Alienware sound center and disabling their preset settings but its still there. I don't think its a hardware problem, as I said it only happens before/after audio, not during. And it does go silent provided everything is silent (audio-wise). Weird bug maybe

10. Goliathius

Reputations:
    I'm in France and we have only 14 days to return products we bought on internet.

"You also have a right of withdrawal (the "Right of Withdrawal"), valid during
    A period of fourteen (14) days from the date of receipt of the product." Google translate from Dell's terms an conditions

At this moment we don't have 7820HK in France :(