*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. juliant

juliant Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ^ Just keep calling and hang up until you get the right customer care. I had to deal with over 4-5 sales rep until I got the discount I wanted... But I got it. You also have to ask for their supervisor / manager and keep trying. I am sure eventually you will succeed. Best of luck

2. Royce1920

Royce1920 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello guys !

So I contacted Dell about my temperatures, they asked me to spam F12 on startup and do a test, take a pic of the results and send them.

I was a bit scared as the CPU temps recorded on the test was "only" 88°C, as during gaming it reaches 97°C but no core temps difference at all.
    Dell actually said there is a problem and they are sending a tech to replace the MoBo and the complete cooling system, they guy is coming on Wednesday.

Anything I should ask or check while he is replacing those parts on my laptop ? Do you think it would be acceptable if I give him some thermal Grizzly Kryonaut so he can repaste it at the same time ?

Thanks guys!

3. Philosobyte

Philosobyte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @juliant @illuMinniti
    Unfortunately, it seems as if all the agents and supervisors were in on it, as if they've all been specifically instructed to lie in this manner regarding 1070 ->> 1060 order problems. I explained everything as politely and thoroughly as I could evervy time, but all for nothing.

I'd gone without the horsepower needed for engineering school work for two months (I've been getting by with an agonizingly slow dual-core). No company has ever screwed me over as thoroughly as Dell. I ended up returning the 15 R3 as they wished, writing FTC and BBB complaints, and ordering a Gigabyte Aero 14 instead. I'm absolutely done with Alienware. If you have time, I suggest you to read MogRules's post at the Alienware subreddit. He's a moderator there who has tried very hard to give Alienware a chance, but has given up, as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/5nn2sc/why_i_can_no_longer_support_this_brand_at_all/

SimplyJ3sse likes this.
  4. illuMinniti

illuMinniti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Make sure the thermal pads pretty much match those in this guide - http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5r3-disassembly-repaste-guide-results.797373/
    And yeah its completely fine to ask to use the Kryonaught, most of them use it no problem.

Those Gigabyte laptops/notebooks imo are either too big and having outdated ports (some have VGA lol) or just look cheap meanwhile they're expensive. I always had ready in my mind and was prepared to tell them to send me the replacement lid or whole screen and I would do it myself, but I decided to wait it out, as it was less time consuming to write some emails than to open the laptop. Maybe I was treated better cuz I had also bought 4 years accidental damage, who knows. I had no choice but to keep a Alienware, I bought giftcards off Raise and those are non-refundable. I saved a lot doing that but there was a point where I wish I didn't just cuz of how thick their techs were being

5. William Howard Lai

William Howard Lai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have just bought Alienware 15 R3 with GeForce 1070, but my problem is after using it for less than 1 week, yellow vertical line comes out on the monitor about 2 inch from left side. is there any method that I could fix by myself or I have to go to support to complain about it? I have done upgraded the BIOS and all monitor drivers, Intel and Nvidia? please help and thanks in advance. YELLOW VERTICAL LINE.PNG

6. DeeX

DeeX THz

Reputations:
    What percent did you get off?

7. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Kryonaut can be used, 88 and 97c indicates that your heatsink isn't that properly fitted onto the silicon dies.

That sounds like LCD related damage, either you have a defective screen or a damaged LCD cable.

8. zeroibis

zeroibis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Strange that the issue would not start right away but only after a week...

9. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Still covered under return / warranty. Your choice

10. Vassilis008

Vassilis008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This might also be due to the micro memory bug, see http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...bal-issues-gpu-firmware-update-needed.800219/ . Is the bug also there in optimus mode?