*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. b.kolev

b.kolev Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply! I think I did the same mistake with one of the terminals, but somehow I succeeded to contact the antenna to the card again. The model is 1435, so now I ordered the 1535 card in case of emergency. :)

After undervolting -0.150 and on cooling pad - 73/70/71/68 - only 5 degree difference!!

Can I undervolt without cache voltage? Only core voltage? XTU doesn't permit me.

hmscott likes this.
  2. decca

decca Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    -150 was the core voltage offset. Cache voltage offset reflects the same value.

hmscott likes this.
  3. spiralzz

spiralzz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    never had that issue my self i just wiggle them left n right and they pop off, I always ditch the killler anyways just personal preference to chuck in an intel 8260 straight off the bat.

hmscott likes this.
  4. Mechanized Menace

Mechanized Menace Lost in the MYST

Reputations:
    How do you setup and calibrate the Tobii eye tracking? I click the Taskbar icon but I only see this. There is no Eye icon and settings has no option to create a profile. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. ex-28

ex-28 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mine says it's controlled by my power settings or something I posted about it a page or 2 back I have to keep hitting set defaults to get it to work

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Mechanized Menace likes this.
  6. Mechanized Menace

Mechanized Menace Lost in the MYST

Reputations:
    Thanks! I changed it to enabled and it's working. I still can't figure out how to calibrate it and setup a profile. But now the keyboard lights and stuff turn off and the screen dims, but it needs some calibration.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

7. BeastMD1

BeastMD1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I am going to have to return mine again. Noticed last night that the bezel is slowly pulling away over the Alienware logo on the screen. Pressing it back in doesn't help. Tried seeing if a clip was missed by squeezing the whole bottom but no joy. So disappointed in these machines. QA stinks at dell apparently. Guess I need to try another brand.

These issues which seem to be common could easily be fixed if someone, anyone was paying attention at all.

hmscott and spiralzz like this.
  8. sanman

sanman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Alienware specs show the M.2 slots to be UEFI and NVMe compliant, I would return the stick as defective, especially since the samsung software does not recognize it. You tried multiple slots. Note that the OS should be 64bit for the NVMe driver to work, and turn off RAID in the BIOS.

Massive difference! Is that without under volting?

Mine is on order. I will report my findings as soon as it arrives. I am currently using 1 x 850 M.2 1TB, and 1 x 850 2.5 SSD. The 960 EVO will make it 3TB. What capacity is your 960 EVO? also, has anyone figured out what the hell to put in M.2 slot 1? It's a half height slot. Waste in my opinion, as it limits your options for that slot.

9. ex-28

ex-28 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Check it randomly in a few hrs under setting see if its still enabled. Maybe reboot and check

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

10. JTOverath

JTOverath Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I put a 128GB M.2 SSD (SATA) in the 42mm slot.