*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. decca

decca Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Tried it in both slots. Got it from Span.com in the UK. Availability is very low - I ordered a Pro 6 weeks ago, but took the Evo because it arrived first.

2. decca

decca Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I should have mentioned that the drive does work perfectly, but it is not recognized by Samsung Magician as a "Samsung" drive. The scrambled drive ID and zero capacity is a bit worrying. Hwinfo also reports zero data parameters about the drive
    - i.e. no info on capacity, geometry, transfer modes, etc.

3. Neobunny

Neobunny Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just ordered a Alienware 15 R3 with i7-6700HQ, GTX 1060, 15.6 inch FHD IPS, and Killer 1535. Unfortunately, I didn't think about reading up on the Killer cards. I have found many past complaints about the Killer1535 and 1425 wireless cards with customers experiencing frequent connection drops. Do these wireless cards still have issues?

4. hal9000ht

hal9000ht Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It may be ok if you update the bluetooth driver from the Killer Wireless website.

5. ex-28

ex-28 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i keep getting this , if i set defaults it all works , but a few minuets later the same msg comes up " settings disabled due to current power plan ,

anyone know how to correct it ?

Attached Files:

6. jarednt1

jarednt1 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am thinking about ordering my first Alienware, I am leaning toward the 15. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

I am looking at a 6700HQ, 16gig, FHD, 256+1Tb, 1060

7. selvedge

selvedge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. spiralzz

spiralzz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i7-6700HQ & 1060

Just re pasted with Thermal grizzly kryo, used spread method (i know, i know) as its what I've always done for years, very careful using large magnifying glass i put a very thin layer over the whole die, CPU&GPU.

I also Bent the top arm (the one on its own) on the CPU heat sink screw

to get temps i did a 15min run initially of OCCT with Heaven looping in the back ground.

before;
    [​IMG]

After;
    [​IMG]

9. b.kolev

b.kolev Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello. A week ago I received my AW15 R3 (i7 6700HQ, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, FHD IPS, 256 M2). The core temp difference was around 8-11C. After repaste with IC Diamond and BIOS 1.0.8 I got high temps in Tomb Raider 81/77/79/75 so I think this is ok (this is without undervolting). I noticed a hot spot in left of the keyboard (above of USB port). Is it normal ? It is the hottest spot in my pc, even when I'm working (CPU temp ~56-65C) on my AW. Also the ssd getting temps around 70C while I'm playing some games, is it normal?!

10. spiralzz

spiralzz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would say 81-75 whilst gaming is nothing to worry about at all, not sure on the SSD though