*OFFICIAL* Alienware 15 R1/R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Isnt there a way to more safely flash the bios? Because if there isnt a way to recover the bios as an user I rather not flash at all anymore.

2. A-leo

A-leo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thanks man
    is it working?
    and how much rpm should i add?

Attached Files:

3. ChrisB99

ChrisB99 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi Darkhan, I see you have the 4K screen. My only concern is that i will find things illegible... i see people posting to say that in some programs icons and text is so tiny. Is this the case ? How do you find that screen please ? It would be great to know as i am hoping to order this week. Thanks.

4. calj17

calj17 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone got the alienware 15 r2 echo 4k touchscreen?

Enviado de meu SM-N920G usando Tapatalk

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You're welcome!! I have not Aw Echo, but the principle should be the same. Ask others with the same Aw model about recommended fan speed.

6. A-leo

A-leo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hey thanks again for help
    my cpu temps already fine now but my gpu temps seems weird, i never see it passing 80 c but now after rebenchmark with higher oc (+250/+450) tr2013 it passed 80 c O.O.
    this is benchmark result with new cpu temps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

screen taken with fraps
    result seems okay however i am not comfortable with the temps
    i cant use windows game dvr or another video capturing soft because my only 4 gb system ram lol

and just noticed history in firestrike pyshics score higher without turbo and using stock bios with mere oc at +135/+495 (6 ghz effective) i was able to hit 11k graphics and 9k overall score
    [​IMG]

so i was trying to record ultimate preset benchmark with 4 gb ram but it failed hahaha

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  7. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So, I'm not too happy with Dell.
    2/12/16 Received laptop. Bad 980M upon receipt, couldn't call until Monday, rep says he can not replace laptop and can only send mobo.
    2/15/16 Called SUpport, on phone for 2+ hours. Multiple driver installs with BSOD's and freezes. Rep puts in order for new mobo. Promises call back on 2/17/16
    2/17/16 No callback so I called. Was told by a rep it does not show in system for 2 to 3 days so there is nothing he can do(even though this is the 2nd day)
    2/18/16 Called again after the 3 day mark the rep puts me on hold after having issues locating my laptop information.. 15 minutes later he hangs up....Had no time to call back
    2/19/16 Called again got a different rep again who says I see your customer request but I see it was never submitted... Awesome.... New rep than wants to rerun all the tests again. I refuse and ask to just return the laptop, I am tired of wasting my time. He then decides to just approve the mobo order and is rushing it.. He gave me a dispatch number and said it should be installed by the tech by 2/24/16...

So I paid buku dollars for a broken system and then am lied to by 2 different reps because they do not want to deal with the issues...Worst of all I didn't even get anything for all of my trouble. Granted I never asked but I have spent probably 6 + hours on the phone and have been unable to use my shiny new laptop.... :'(

If it was just taking longer for the part I would not of been as mad/frustrated as I am right now but that 1 screwed up and then 2 more lied to me...

And with every rep I was VERY courteous and respectful never once was I nasty with any of them(Just thought I would add this before someone said they didn't want to deal with an irate customer)

...Had to vent haha....

skunk1 likes this.
  8. dsigala

dsigala Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    you shouldve gotten complete care and just dropped your machine in water.. lol

9. ChrisB99

ChrisB99 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Do you get a complete replacement if you have the accidental cover ?

10. jasonj566

jasonj566 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I recently spent 6 minutes via chat message and got a brand new replacement motherboard and new 4k screen on a new alienware 15 r2 that was only two months old, didn't even have to call