*OFFICIAL* Alienware 14 Owner's Lounge Thread

Discussion in 'Alienware 14 and M14x' started by Mr. Fox, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KurtHafner

KurtHafner Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's a negative ghost rider pattern is full. If the recovery partition is corrupt or lost installing respawn will not work. You have to make a respawn dvd or usb before hand. The software on dells site is used just to access the partition.

2. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wrong. You CAN perform a totally clean/fresh installation of the OS onto a brand new/empty drive, update all relevant system drivers and re-install any bundled software and THEN download and run AlienRespawn and a new recovery partition will be created on said hard drive. You can then use the UI of AWR to create recovery disks or a USB to return your machine to that particular state.

How do I know this? - mainly because I have done it several times myself, along with many other users on this forum. :)

3. KurtHafner

Reputations:
    only if you didnt erase your hiden recovery partion. I just went through this on saturday with an M18xR2 that had both partitions wiped and deleted.

4. KurtHafner

Reputations:
    Well to the person who is needing this advice or wanting this advice. You can try Steviejones113 method and let us know. When you need the Respawn USB if your recovery partition damaged or missing let me know and i will make a copy and mail it to you.

5. KurtHafner

Reputations:
    I will be the first to say I stand corrected. I don't know when sell revamped the software. The old software never rebuilt a recovery partition. But this new software does! AWESOME!

steviejones133 likes this.
  6. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Told ya!! ;) - glad it worked for you. It did use to be the case that AWR would not create a new partition, however, the newer version does.

7. SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry to ask a dumb question but can someone please educate me on what this slot is used for in my Alienware 14,i looked everywhere and can't figure it out. It's driving me nuts lol

[​IMG]

8. eaglefox_62

eaglefox_62 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes Please!!! thank you, how do I contact you too exchange information???

9. eaglefox_62

eaglefox_62 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes Please!!! thank you, how do I contact you too exchange information???

10. eaglefox_62

eaglefox_62 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Steviejones133,, you made a great video about disassembly of the alienware 14..therefore I have certainty your knowledge of OS is also strong.. recently after an Microsoft update I'm having sys config troubles--my Intel Core i7 4700MQ only shows up as a single core cpu with 1 thread not 4 each!!!! also my system will shut down instead of sleeping, or hibernating.. how do I fix this??? or what is causing this?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.