*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Seems that I have to make it myself.. again...

I am looking now for some time for a vapor chamber basis from some kind of desktop cards or CPUs. So far nothing found in the matter of max 5 mm thickness, assuming I will still use slim heatpipes, the 3 mm ones.
    Still, I need a complete heatsink from the 13r3 model as a base, and also planning to use all 4 sides of case for venting, opening the last one is left.

2. Wilhelm_SI

Wilhelm_SI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ambitious, tho you seem to have enough knowledge to do it. All fingers crossed for you.

3. forbyefor_gold_eagle

forbyefor_gold_eagle Notebook Guru

Reputations:

After attempting to order the heatsink with the one better fan and being sent two with the std. fans I now have two new 13r3 heatsinks that I don't need. Not willing to go through the return process to china. One's pipes are dented a little, the other is pretty nice. If you need them and you're in the US or a reasonable shipping cost country I can give you a deal on them 2 for price of one or better. I don't need them anyway. ==>To any body who needs these.

4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Its better to put in NBR deals section so that more people can see it.