*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I talk about same sice in cooling and chassis. And notebook.

You talk about desktop cards... Here we go:D http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ers-welcome-too.810490/page-412#post-10859858

2. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You say... "I know these new laptop with the RTX series will run hotter than the GTX GPUs"

As well... "Tested for my AGA 2080ti"

Desktop cards have higher TGP. Notebook RTX graphics have decreased TGP vs former Pascal cards.

You say "assuming Nivdia has done something to address this" See your first comment in bolded text. Don't compare desktop vs. Notebook graphics. There isn't an overheating problem on RTX mobile graphics from what I know.

4. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    All I am saying is that this morning I updated drivers. My GPU and CPU temps are drop lower. I am not assuming anything but asking if anyone else see this.

propeldragon likes this.
  5. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    True from my small testing so far on the MXM 2080 and 2070mq. A little cooler than their Pascal counterpart.

alberty, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  6. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Let us know about the 1060.

c69k likes this.
  7. Marksman30k

Marksman30k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What he is saying is in a TDP limited scenario (i.e. fixed TDP and fixed cooling capacity), e.g. in a laptop. A chip that has lower TDP and larger surface area (i.e. Turing) cannot be hotter than a higher TDP chip that has a smaller surface area (i.e. Pascal). Assuming all else is equal (e.g. cooling design, VRMs, TIM etc etc). At worst, you will see the Turing chip match the Pascal chip for temperature in the scenario that the heatsink has reached maximum thermal saturation.

Papusan likes this.
  8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the explanation.

c69k likes this.
  9. gooface

gooface Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Idk if this is my laptop or this laptop or just laptops in general.

I was dinking around last night on a shooting game (R6 Siege) and I was playing the game with a touchpad...

When I tap and hold either the left or right button(physical buttons below the touchpad) on the laptop nothing happens really (sometimes it will act like it wants to aim down the sight or shoot one bullet)

But, when I touch the touchpad the tap and hold left or right click work just fine and continue to work fine till I left go and stop moving around the touchpad and just try to tap and hold the left click or right click again.

Anyone willing to try my experiment and see if I am alone with this or not? Thanks. Maybe this is a design thing or something, just found it odd.(also noticed that the touchpad doesnt work at all when you use the keyboard but I think that's normal)

10. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see this. However, right after me being happy with the newest Nvidia driver, my flatmate set heater to 24C from previously comfy 22C (facepalm) so all the same.
    70C GPU and 70C CPU in BF5.

Razer Nari Ultimates are good. My head vibrates LOL

propeldragon likes this.