*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Fleischhaus

Fleischhaus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Agreed, it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately - just like its predecessor - it keeps crashing on my machine for no apparent reason. I'm not gonna go through the hassle of trying the numerous workarounds (reaching from obvious to esoteric) I tried to get Origins to work, all over again, so I got it refunded.
    Shame, I studied Greek for four years and I'm a sucker for Greek mythology... :(

2. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes agreed. Mine kept crashing before I updated to the latest Ndvia graphics drivers 4.16 which might have fixed it as I got 2 hours straight play. Then I started messing with the graphic settings and then bam it happened again. Restarted computer and played another hour and no issues. Did you update to latest drivers before refund ?

This is my first go at assassins creeed game. I was not a fan of Witcher but this game I love because your able to do so much more than just RPG. Witcher was way too much RPG.

When the game works I am getting really good FPS with it around 55-60 FPS and smooth. Game really looks awesome and very immersive. I can’t seem to put it down and not play it!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Graphics settings and resolution? I heard this had bad optimization.

4. Fleischhaus

Fleischhaus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah mate... You can go on your own Google journey or take it from me: It's f***ing alchemy. I tried every fix the internet has to offer on AC: Origins and it wouldn't run. When Odyssey crashed after 5 minutes (three times in a row) that was a red flag for me.

I was playing on 1080p30FPS Ultra Preset, same as Origins. And before you suggest lowering the settings: It wasn't the issue in Origins and it isn't in Odyssey.
    Origins ran fine about a half year ago, on my old Asus.

5. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:

I see your frustration for sure and I believe you as there are countless amount of people who have this issue and some like me who had it for only short period v I am using 1080p resolution and all my settings are on high and very high. I am getting close to 50-60 FPS. I just played again and it’s been an hour and no crashes today after Updating to latest Ndvia driver 4.16. I am Not sure what is going on with your machine but it stinks it doesn’t work for you.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  6. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think it’s pretty much optimized IMO but for those who are having issues I would say for sure. It is terrible that people who get games have to fiddle with their computers to get it working and smoothly.

7. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you get 60 fps in the game?

Rairch likes this.
  8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Yes. I am getting about 55-60 FPS. Very high/high settings. Nothing is set to ultra though but with my settings the graphics are amazing. I have been playing close to 10 hours so far and it has to be the best immersive environment I have ever played. I am hooked!

9. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am currently loving ACO. With all my modifications I have done to my 13R, the laptop is so nice and cool. Look at these temps. I can’t wait to get my AGA with GTX 1080 and see how cool laptop will be. CPU running 66c-68c right now. After using AGA can I expect temps of CPU to be in the low to mid 50c since Internal GPU is not used? Right now my setup my GPU is only hovering at 68-70 max. I need this laptop to last awhile as my warranty is almost over and from my past history with desktop, they never failed due honestly IMO less heat of the thermals and the MB and also besides getting lucky with non defective components. Desktops are way superior obviously because they have better cooling than laptops. If my CPU hovers around 50c during intense AAA games on ultra settings, my laptop will last years I hope!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  10. Gabri

Gabri Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What is ACO?