*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Wilhelm_SI

Wilhelm_SI Newbie

Reputations:
    in my situation (temps reaching 93 degree celsiuis, peak 97) dell changed the heatsink.

Gabri likes this.
  2. Gabri

Gabri Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    But tgere could be a damage or it's just something uncomfortable (...or both)?

Sorry if my questions are maybe stupid, but I'm not good with notebook hardware's issues :)

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Never.
    You should call dell and ask for heatsink replacement and tell the tech to use your thermal paste (Example: Kryonaut, Coolermaster maker gel nano,phobya nanogrease, gelid extreme etc..)

Gabri likes this.
  4. Drinky

Drinky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've gotten my Intel 9260 in the mail. Initial results: better ping by over 100% and similar download speeds. Link connection went from 300mbps to 144mbps even though I'm getting the full 5 signal bars. Will test it out a bit.

Tip for people trying the same: download the drivers before you make the swap. I realized this only after I put in the new card and couldn't go online because I didn't have the drivers lol

5. Drinky

Drinky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe not your issue, but I was getting BSOD's when gaming for a long time with my new 13R3. Thought it was something driver related but it turned out to be a faulty GTX 1060 chip. After motherboard replacement the issue went away.

90C under load with -100mV doesn't seem right to me. Do keep into account your ambient temps though. During the winter I was getting lower temps than right now with 30C+ weather.

6. Gabri

Gabri Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks. I think I'll try again with more long game sessions. Since I got not games, I thought to download some demos from Steam. Any suggestion?

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Unigine superposition, Heaven, 3dmark.

Gabri likes this.
  8. Ihtfp06

Ihtfp06 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I’m trying to get Netflix HDR to work and I can’t install the OLED panel driver on the Dell site (1.0.0 A01). Instead my system has 1.0.0.7 which, strangely enough, seems to be older. Anyone know of anything I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. alberty

alberty Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you guys still recommend today aw13 oled with 7700hq 1060 etc for future proof for 1600euro? Thanks

c69k likes this.
  10. Lawrenzza

Lawrenzza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im having this love hate relationship with my 13r3... the screen is beautiful, performance is top notch. but i still have this desire in me wishing this laptop supports active touch pen (it's just a pain in the ass not to be able to use after coughing up so much for this device)

on top of that. the battery performance is killing me. even after i selected power saving mode, change to the use of intel graphics, it barely last for only 2-3 hours. which is killing the main idea behind getting a laptop is for it's portability. (do you guys recommend undervolting?? does it really increases the battery perfomance by alot?)