*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. L Telfer

L Telfer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the Alienware Vindicator SLIM Hard Laptop Case Bag AWVSC14 fits our laptops?

2. Digital1337

Digital1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wormwood and Vasudev like this.
  3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  4. Digital1337

Digital1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

effing Razer man ))))
    Next thing you know - a sucking toilet ..

Vasudev likes this.
  5. triple_a

triple_a Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Received the Samsung 960 EVO 1TB today. I plugged it in and cloned SSD1 with Macrium Reflect, but I didn't clone the recovery partition as that would have been in the way when I extend the C: partition. After cloning I just removed SSD1 and replaced it with the Samsung and then extended the partition to the maximum capacity. Very easy process, it's nice that we have 2 NVMe slots.

I'm keeping the old SSD in case I need to do a clean Windows install ever again, because the recovery partition is located there.

I actually decided to start fresh today and did a clean Windows 10 install. It seemed to make the stuttering better when Nvidia is enabled. I updated all drivers after reinstall (Nvidia GPU, Intel GPU, Chipset, all Windows updates and Windows to build 1709) and to my surprise the stuttering is much better. And when I use the tray app that keeps Nvidia GPU idle all the time, then there is practically no stutter. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Vasudev and c69k like this.
  6. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you link me to what you're talking about? If it is the one I am thinking of, the 13 does not fit. It is a little taller than the 14 and that case was already tight on the 14. I actually owned that case (assuming you're talking about the same one) and tried it on the 13 and it did not fit

7. L Telfer

L Telfer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Edg...+Vindicator+SLIM+Hard+Laptop+Case+Bag+AWVSC14

I think it may be the same case, i think there is a version 2 which will fit.

Also does anyone use a screen protector on the laptop? do you lose much quality i have found 2 on ebay one is gloss one which you wont lose quality of the screen and one is matte ani reflection but you lose 10% transparecy.

8. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I too had this issue.. I ended up reinstalling the whole OS which solved this same issue. dGPU would be activated on seemingly simple right click events, opening up chrome, and even clicking the start menu. It annoyed me beyond belief.

9. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I found setting the iGPU performance mode in the intel graphics control panel to max performance works to solve this and I get to keep my -65mV under volt on the iGPU

Vasudev likes this.
  10. triple_a

triple_a Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also recently reinstalled Windows and the stuttering is not as bad. I no longer have to disable the dGPU but I do have to run the taskbar software that polls the dGPU and thus keeps it at IDLE state. This removes the stuttering.