*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If that's not an option then I would call Dell and ask them to send a battery and say that you cannot send the machine in because you need it and cannot be without a computer for the time it would take to send it to a depot (if you use your computer for work or are a student and use it for school those are good points to bring up).

With any luck you'll get the part in the mail with a return shipping address to send the old part back. A user here got a battery delivered that way a little while ago so it's not an unheard of situation.

brunks and Vasudev like this.
  2. brunks

brunks Newbie

Reputations:
    Yep, I've seen that post ;) . I'll try it - hopefully it will work.

Wormwood and Vasudev like this.
  3. Sentential

Sentential Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Could be some kind of driver conflict between the mobile and desktop GPUs assuming you're using an NVidia card in the amp. Me personally I am using an AMD RX Vega56 and I have had no issues whatsoever transitioning from amp to discrete.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. z0mgn0es

z0mgn0es Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Any long time owners of the 13 R3 OLED? How's it been treating you guys so far? Any form of image burn-in that anyone experienced? I just purchased one for myself and I'm extremely excited to be getting it. :D

5. Wormwood

Reputations:
    I've had mine for about a year and had no issues and haven't seen anyone else have problems aside from some stuck pixels, as in the pixels themselves fail and not that there was burn-in, and Dell will replace the panel if that happens.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Naw I don't have anything in the amp at all, it stays disconnected. I even reinstalled windows a couple of days ago.

It only happens a few seconds after I exit any game. I can game for hours on end, but after I exit, it will BSOD with the same error.

After the BSOD, it will become Microsoft Display Adapter and it doesn't accept any driver. However, doing a regular shut down and turning the laptop back on brings it back to GTX 1060.

Going to try a few different driver combinations with nVidia and iGPU.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Sentential

Sentential Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yea that does sound like a switching issue, have you tried manually installing the latest intel drivers? ie through the device manager

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Ynglaur

Ynglaur Newbie

Reputations:
    Check the Event Log. That sounds like the nVidia display driver is crashing but not restarting correctly. Which driver version are you using? Can you revert back one version? Does it happen when plugged into an external monitor?

9. Wormwood

Reputations:
    After running some tests with OCCT it looks like the CPU runs about what you would except at full load while gaming although the GPU test does not seem to push it as much as more demanding games (and, unless I missed this because I normally use other programs, there isn't a combined test that stresses both the CPU and GPU simultaneously). I'm really amazed at how hot some of the early systems got with OCCT and shudder to think what they would have looked like with XCOM2 or something else that heavily pushes both chips.

The PCH temperatures were also lower than they are during real-world tests, although they do mirror those seen during lower intensity games and the temperatures normally only really start to rise until the entire system is stressed.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    You can run Aida64 as the guide.

Vasudev likes this.