*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. JaiCho

JaiCho Newbie

Reputations:
    Could you provide me with a link to that model? Or the model name? Because I haven't seen any 1060 models going below ~$1600s, and the 1050 TI model seems to be consistently around $1300

2. StanJarensky

StanJarensky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I apologize if this has been asked and answered before; what is the maximum thickness of a hard drive that the AW 15 R3 can hold? Can it support 15mm HDDs? I'd like to get a 4TB HDD for mass storage if possible and they only come with a 15mm thickness.

3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Might want to ask in the 15 thread and not the 13. But to answer no 15mm will not fit.

4. StanJarensky

StanJarensky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Whoops! Could've sworn I was in the 15 R3 thread. But thanks!

5. Zoonami1

Zoonami1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, I had thought my battery had settled in at 5% wear but it is now showing 10.5% on hwinfo.

I have had the laptop for about 3 months now I think. Should I call dell and ask them to send me a battery?

6. Drinky

Drinky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm in europe and for some reason my access to the US Dell site is blocked. Try their search function and search for alienware 13 R3 6700HQ or something like that. On the German website it was also not listed under the current Alienware offerings but you could find it in the search. I know they will be selling it here until at least the 3rd of May.

7. Digital1337

Digital1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Check this out :

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ArbOnline...jxxvdjWUBfngJSQ9DtmGeJ/dAJiz8OYrs0DZwWlQbGu8=

[condition: new]

8. JaiCho

JaiCho Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for this resource. I was able to find a $1439 refurbished model with OLED, but upon further research I've settled on an AW13R2-5567SLV and just plan on swapping out the Hybrid drive with a Samsung 850 Pro (256gb). Stays neatly <$1200, and works for me since I really don't need anything more than last year's tech. GTX 965M is more than enough for the games I play. Thanks for the suggestions @Drinky, @Digital1337!

9. Pazzazuu

Pazzazuu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, Im having a bit of a problem. My tobii thingy isnt dimming or turning off my screen anymore. Any ideas why this might be? Nothings changed apart from installing updates to windows etc

10. Fizaddou

Fizaddou Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why isn't OLED an option when you configure the system with dell? I got the i7 version with the 1050Ti and OLED screen for 1700 CAD.