*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I get warranty parts all the time. I get told 10-14 days a lot and then they show up 2-3 days later. Might different with Alienware systems and parts availability. But hopefully yours will ship sooner than later.

2. icey_haj

icey_haj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Complain to them via email. Explain that you're disillusioned and have been severely let down. They'll call you back and offer you some sort of compensation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. dangitzin

dangitzin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys! New here! Finally got my AW13R3 w/ OLED after 2 weeks of waiting. Luckily I ordered before the US Presidents' Day holiday sale or I'd be waiting 1-2 months for a laptop.

I almost bought a Razer Blade, but I wasn't able to order one with the specifications I wanted which turned out to be a good thing because I saved a few $100USD for the same specs with better options for expansion. PLUS OLED. So far I'm liking this sexy little beast.

Technology has come a long way. This is my first gaming laptop since mostly of what was available back then were big 17" models. After being so used to a 2008 MacBook and 2010 MBP form factor, I couldn't see myself going any larger. I'm going to run some benchmarks to compare how a 2016-2017 holds up against my old 5ghz SandyBridge GTX 680 FTW+ in SLI(will be upgrading within next few months). I'm excited!

Btw, my backspace button seems to click differently from the rest of the keyboard. Seems to sound "louder" and feels like there's no "cushion" when pressing the button. Is this normal for everyone else as well or is just mine that does that?

4. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Other people here reported that their laptops have the same issue so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless the key starts acting up.

5. Ninja_Gundam

Ninja_Gundam Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A little help, I had to install clean win7 sp1+nve kb to made it read my intel m2 660p. Its really cool now, win 10home was a bloatware sluggish thing. Just missing some drivers, and on dell site just win10 supported. Anyone has win7 with all drivers ? Missing osd screen (command keyboard do not work too), trackcam thing, and some else.. for the rest all working :)

Chooo

ERdiesel likes this.
  6. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Personally I've always found Windows 10 to be faster than Windows 7 although I know that many people still prefer the older OS (I don't and wouldn't go back to it given the choice).

7. jedolley

jedolley Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think you'll be hard pressed to find WIN 7 drivers since MS/Intel stopped supporting it with Sky Lake. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-wont-work-intels-current-next-gen-cpus/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow I undervolted my CPU with intel XTU to 0.01volts to start and noticed increase in FPS and definitely cooler temps. Pretty cool. So not only does the paste help lower my temps when you add undervolting to the mix it makes it awesome. I guess I can hold off on using the conductonaut

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  9. bvbz

bvbz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any battery life figures post 1.0.5 bios?

My Macbook has decided to give up finally so I have no choice but to decide on a replacement and am considering an AW13R3 or an XPS 15 (I have a gaming desktop at home, but want to play some light things on the go) but decent (not amazing) battery life is on the list. I'd like to be in the realm of 6.5-7 hours plus without too much issue and was wondering it that was possible for the AW13R3?

10. TheChang

TheChang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all, I replaced the stock Toshiba 1 tb ssd with Samsung PM961 1tb SSD.
    The speeds whent twice up! I already founded the Toshiba slow.

Toshiba:

crystal_toshiba.jpg

Samsung PM961:
    crystal_pm961.jpg

aaronfg likes this.