*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Gurusv

Gurusv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the explanation. The core with the temp diff is actually lower than the other 3 cores. As i do not plan on overclocking shall leave it for now.

2. blackmazzy

blackmazzy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone from Southwest US. I've been following this post for a while now. Finally signed on and my first post :)

I dropped the hammer yesterday and ordered the AW13 R3 as followed:

I7-7700HQ, GTX1060, 16Gb2667MHz,OLED Anti-Glare w/ Touch Tech, 512Gb PCIe SSD, Killer 1535, and Win10 Pro.

Four-ish weeks build/ ship/ lead/ whatever time... to arrive by March 23-31. The waiting game begins:D

3. Doug2507

Doug2507 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Looks like I'll need to phone dell tomorrow. Just installed latest bios and bricked the laptop....

4. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What was it meant to fix. I'm still with out the box 1.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TheChang

TheChang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ow jezus. Which laptop do you have? Good luck with it. I will wait for update.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

6. Doug2507

Doug2507 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Was changing from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5. Latest meant to have power consumption improvement. Iirc someone posted a few pages back about 1.0.5 bricking a few.

When it went to restart it just sat on black screen. Left for 20 minutes with no change. Power down then back on and 7 beeps. I'll see what Dell say tomorrow.

7. jedolley

jedolley Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You should be able to fix it yourself. Try unplugging from power, you'll also need to disconnect the battery. Then hold the power button for about a min to drain the power from the mobo. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the coin cell battery for 30 seconds.

8. Doug2507

Doug2507 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Already done. It's a door stop now.

EDIT: Just checked the Reddit thread, seems like there's been a whole load of them bricked. Bit pissed off as the GPU on this one is extremely good, I can kiss goodbye to that with a new mobo.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  9. LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just updated my bios fine but I turned off CPU performance for fun after the update. Running OCCT for fun with CPU performance mode off for fun.

Just a quick question since I've kept my CPU performance on since I had it, and only turned it off when the bios updater told me to turn it off. When does the fans kick in? I't's gotten close to 70C a few times but my system is still dead silent. Also is CPU performance recommended or not? I'm not sure what it does besides having the fan be a bit more aggressive.

EDIT: Here's OCCT after 9mins with CPU Performance off. My system is pretty much dead silent. I'll test with some gaming in a bit but I may just keep CPU Performance off if there's no difference in temperatures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  10. simonkee51

simonkee51 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I flashed mine to 1.05 yesterday. Ive no idea what if fixed.