*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Swunder

Swunder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My order is being delayed because of some glitch on Dell's processing side... been on the phone with 10 different people this week. Problem is I'm running out of time to return the MSI GS43VR that I wanted to compare this with. I'm mainly concerned with the weight -- 4.2 lbs vs 5.8 lbs... grr...

2. Rairch

Rairch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry no link for screws.
    But if you order some.... In the meantime, I used the screw for the casing right next to the ssd bay. Same size and doesn't affect anything.
    Got some on order myself but takes an age via ebay.

Sent from my Frosty Nexus 6P

3. simonkee51

simonkee51 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    They offered me a new one when I had my battery issue. But I had to pay the price difference that was advertised at that time which was about £200.00 more than what I paid for on the black friday deal. He didn't like it when I said I thought Dell should pay me for wasting my time.

Rairch likes this.
  4. maxdd04

maxdd04 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i got a score of 3633 in 3DMAX Demo Time Spy. Is that ok?

[​IMG]

Enviado desde mi KIW-L24 mediante Tapatalk

5. espncommentator

espncommentator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why don't you return your laptop and buy it again if it only costs 45 more

6. Rairch

Rairch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Probably for the same reasoning as me.
    The time it takes for the refund to come through to reorder and being without a machine for so long......

Also i was promised that i could keep my machine until i receive the new one, then just send the old one back when ready. Seemed to good to pass up.

Not paying the additional £250 for such a small gain in performance.

They did offer my a 512gb ssd for an additional £33.33 - this i'll definitely add on!

Also 32GB Ram for an additional £72.17 - Never even come close to using it but for £72 quid........

7. espncommentator

espncommentator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Damn I'm glad I ordered mine on my credit card. These horror stories from the order support team makes me wish a brick and mortar store sold these. Apparently Best Buy had a low amount of 13R2 OLED sales so they went with the FHD version.

If I have to swap or return mine and reorder I should be covered by my credit card

Edit: plus if you bought it in person you don't have to rely on Dell's spotty delivery estimates.

8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My score was 3668.

9. aaronfg

aaronfg Newbie

Reputations:
    Any specific reason you returned it? I had looked at that laptop as a possibility too but think I'm definitely going with the AW 13. Just curious.

10. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It was too flimsy and there was too much screen flex for my taste. I needed something more rugged. Alienware outside of their issues with heatsink it's the best quality I have seen. I went and checked out all the gaming laptop brands except for the razor blade but I heard that brand customer support is terrible

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    aaronfg likes this.