*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. cmacclel

cmacclel Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Good think is the pixel is not noticeable on any other back-lite color than blue :)

icey_haj and hmscott like this.
  2. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That is very unusual.

I assume it is not a pixel, but a missed spot of paint on the bezel, winch is clear plastic. The light you are seeing is most likely from the RGB LEDs for the lit up Alienware logo.

Test it out by "going dark" on Alienware FX (should turn off all the LEDs)

3. TheChang

TheChang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Use a black marker. ;-)

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

4. TheChang

TheChang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone else see that scary hand in his laptop?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

selvedge and jedolley like this.
  5. Tripleye

Tripleye Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have been in communication with Martin from HWiNFO and he was kind enough to add full fan control features for the 13r3. We now have not just 3 rpm settings to choose from but full control of the fans rpms thanks to Martin and the HWiNFO team.

Thread with link to new HWiNFO Beta for 13r3: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hwinfo-beta-now-has-13r3-full-fan-control.801511/

I will be making a donation to HWiNFO today thru there website, I think it would be very kind for other 13r3 users on the forum to do the same as they moved extremely quickly to help get the fans with full control after it was brought to there attention.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Digital1337, Rairch, selvedge and 2 others like this.
  6. nimbot3

nimbot3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    -----------------------------

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  7. Nomi92

Nomi92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The GPU is fine. You shouldn't have to worry about that too much. It will be cooler than the 1060, and most posters here have good GPU temps. You are going to see a big temp increase in CPU though, going from an ULV to HQ quad core

9. twin_prime

twin_prime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question on the Killer 1435 - does anyone else have issues with this card connecting to the 5ghz band? My card will connect then disconnect within 30 seconds and then will show no networks available. I will then have to reboot the system in order to see the available networks again. It will do this on both my network and neighbors netwrok. It does fine on the 2.4ghz band. Dell is trying to tell me its a router issue on my end and my neighbors end. I have no problem connecting other 5ghz devices to my network. Dell support refused to send out a new card since the network card passed on board diagnostics. Running the latest bios and dell website drivers.

10. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just updated to the newer NVidia drivers and at the same token the new HWinfo which supports the 13R3 fans. I don't know but it looks like either the new graphic drivers somehow reduced the temps or the new HWInfo the temperature values are somehow read lower because this photo clearly show the average temps of the CPU and GPU lowered. This is on high performance settings too. Does anyone also see a lower temp reading after update ??[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital1337 and selvedge like this.