*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Rairch

Rairch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yup!
    Basically the system was dead quiet when I first got her. Then the fan started to get louder. On tilt then just sat there...... Quite annoying.
    That's why I requested a heatsink replacement.
    Oh and to sort my stock Temps of 20degrees core differential!

I must add, an undervolt of 0.145v helped a bit.

Sent from my Frosty Nexus 6P

2. jedolley

jedolley Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah. My skylake OLED is fine, but I ordered an 1080P Kaby Lake to check it out. The order had issues and a executive sales person was engaged. I ended up sending the 1080P back since it was defective, but trying to see if she will still honor her offer to allow me to return my skylake if I order an OLED Kaby Lake. The numbers people have reporting on kaby lake was good enough to at least ask.

3. Rairch

Rairch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not fussed about kaby really. No real gain. Well nothing to shout about.
    But If they offer me a new machine and I can keep mine in the process..... Well....why not eh.

ERdiesel and jedolley like this.
  4. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Have it for few days now and not one issue. The only issue is the damn windows anniversary update which now makes my VM workstation audio crackle in the virtual machine. It was fine until Windows decided to do an automatic update. After update I got that stupid DDE windows explorer error and this now.

Rairch likes this.
  5. Rairch

Rairch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Eh, come again ;)

But yeah, the windows updates are kak to say the least. Heh

6. simonkee51

simonkee51 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Now that's what I call a result!

Rairch likes this.
  7. cmykpro

cmykpro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For those interested, I just tore apart my R3 Kaby lake in preparation for the new motherboard dell is supposed to be installing today. Seems they are using the same crappy "tape/patch" paste. Unfortunately I never had a chance to get thermal readings before it died (half an hour after I opened it).

I will be doing a repaste on the new one when it arrives today and I will let you know how its paste looks.

http://imgur.com/a/8bELh

Digital1337 and Rairch like this.
  8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have set my battery to performance from balanced. The graphic card is set to max performance. Everytime I am using just battery the gaming just sucks. The FPS drops down to abysmal 20 and sometimes lower. With the battery plugged it FPS is around 40-45. What's the deal? Any help

9. Digital1337

Digital1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Quick question

$400 for additional warranty and accidental damage protection until Dec 2020 - too much ?

10. jedolley

jedolley Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Personally I think the warranty is worth it because unlike a desktop the parts in a laptop aren't universal (i.e. mobo, display) and usually cost more. I didn't opt for the accidental damage as I feel it would be less prone to damage than a phone, but that's will vary based on person/use.

Digital1337 likes this.