*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R3 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by katalin_2003, Oct 24, 2016.

1. sste

sste Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The one with the uneducated opinion would the one who doesn't even understand how Wine works. Writing a compatibility layer between DX11 (and most definitely DX12, which would be a fool's errand) and converting that to OpenGL is a losing game. It usually doesn't work. Again, there is the Wine compatibility database for you to check.

2. sste

sste Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for your generosity, but you were already pointed out that it is not an alternative.
    But that is not even the point. He has every right, what so ever, to point out flaws in a product, especially one he forked out money for. We do want to hear other peoples' opinions about those products, products we consider to buy. That is the point of this forum.

3. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    So your best advice is never test your new hardware for faulty hardware? If it's feels normal, it's 100% ok? Oh'well:confused:

4. PMF

PMF Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If we can nail down what differences mean stuttering vs no stuttering, that would be helpful not just for the AW13 owners but also owners of the MSIs etc. Can you please give your detailed specs? As detailed as possible would be great, even things like RAM capacity speed and model, SSD size and model, which Killer card you have and its drivers. Graphics driver version for Intel and NV would be great too. Win 10 Home or Pro?

The MSI folks have failed to figure this out for 4 months now, so we need to leave no stone unturned if we want to get to the bottom of it.

selvedge likes this.
  5. xlawx

xlawx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I dont need to understand how WINE works, why the hell do i need to? I'm not a developer, I know WINE run on what applications I need it to run for. Again that list is not comprehensive, but its quiet extensive. You are not going to run every program known to man. I suspect for most players here the top 10 would suit them just fine.

6. sste

sste Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Most modern games will not run with Wine. Again pretty much anything after DX9 won't run. Some of the few OpenGL/Vulkan titles might. That would suit most users here just fine? Ok, ask them.
    Raising Ad Hominem arguments and defending on a tangent isn't very impressive. No point of dragging it further.

7. hawk10eye

hawk10eye Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    YOU suggested WINE to some person to run games , did you forget that ? We are correcting you that WINE doesn't run ALL GAMES.
    Dude , YOU suggested WINE to some one for playing WIN games in LINUX.
    I said ,"WINE, doesn't run all games" .. Hope you are clear on that ? Place stop giving out your uneducated recommendations out and stop *****ing when you are corrected.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. Italia_NYC

Italia_NYC Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Basically... yes. It's called the placebo effect. If I tell you if you look hard and long enough into the sky, that it is really green and not blue, some people will believe the sky is green. Most of this "stutter" stuff being thrown around, is mostly much ado about nothing. And because some seem to preach "look hard enough, it's there", other's believe it too.

The human brain. It is an extraordinary organ.

sisqo_uk likes this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    I'm not just talking only about this "stutter" stuff. Of course the whole package. Test everything on your machine and bench hardware to make sure everything is in order, should be mandatory. "Feel" your machine is working correctly isn't good enough. But that's me:)

10. sz1a

sz1a Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I always used to find problems on my electronic equipment. Once I stopped looking, the problems went away. It's called temporal OCD.

Papusan likes this.