*OFFICIAL* Alienware 13 R1/R2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Newer laptops doesn't have it at all. You see, I installed 15 r3 and r4 drivers on 15 r2 and Desktop mode was present on echo and older models since BIOS enables that settings.

2. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey r1 users that have the oled panel. How is the screen holding up?

c69k likes this.
  3. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Vasudev @Game7a1 Can I ask why desktop mode is bad? I have been using it for 3 years now. I can remember when it was 2 years old I did a complete drain to my laptop then charge it back to 100% without using it then I noticed the battery wear level was from 3% to 7%. After that full drain and charging back to 100% it caused my battery wear level to increase.. Does it have something to do with desktop mode? As of the moment I am still using desktop mode and my battery wear level has not changed then.

4. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    It was just a nuisance for me. The moments I woke up the laptop after it had reached low battery levels (say 10%), the battery was somehow near 0% and had more wear on it. Happened on two batteries.
    Granted, I don't have my 13 R2 with me anymore, so desktop charge mode doesn't concern me.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thats wierd then.. Mine is not like that.. Guess it worked for me.. As of the moment it is not increasing my battery wear levels.. Thanks for the info.. ^_^

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Battery wear level increase when you drain it below 10% or 30% and then full charge because of high wattage almost 75W on standard charge or 80-90W on express charge.If you use battery regularly then desktop mode is useless otherwise you can use desktop mod though I had similar issues like Game7a1. Windows don't charge battery until it falls below 94%.

0lok likes this.